Next Walsall Manager Thread (Again)

https://twitter.com/TWSSportsPod/status/1653478629462949900?t=_IuOpupmDK_bra-e32c1nQ&s=19

Interesting few comments by Matt Taylor. You will have to excuse the couple of youngsters asking the queations, but the answers are still honest.

Would anyone on here give him a second chance at Walsall? I would. I think he is the sort of bloke who would have learnt from his mistakes first time round.

2 Likes

@WestieJack you know what - you have a point. Strikes me as the kind of guy who at some point is going to get this right.

I think he needs 2/3 season and a young impressionable squad and a bit of financial backing.

Sadly. He’d get no backing here. It’d take him time to clear out the cart horses Flynn coveted. And we are sadly one step away from being THAT league two team (even though some on here think we are miles off struggling to stop in the league)

Not me. All managers say they have learnt from their mistakes.

Okay he comes across well and still has respect for us which is nice but let’s not forget just how bad it was, we looked like we could have dropped out of the football league towards the end.

1 Like

Never go back is a good maxim for managers anyway but Taylor was a massive failure here so he should try elsewhere.

Sadler is as likely to succeed as anyone. I think he has the right attitude, in terms of the way he wants to play, and is under no illusions as to the possibilities. I would want to see two things: a like-minded assistant/coach with experience, ideally ROK; and to know what the players think of him. With those constraints, I would probably be more in favour of him than any of the alternatives mentioned,

One thing that is clear is that Sadler was unhappy with the way Flynn’s team played, as were we all,

4 Likes

The defeat away to 10-man Scunthorpe was as bad as anything we have witnessed for many a year - there’s no coming back from that!

6 Likes

That’s the clincher for me too…

2 Likes

Have you listened to any of his media.

Even just one - let alone all of them put together have me rolling my eyes and thinking nause nause waffle waffle. Can only imagine what pro footballers think. Duttonesque. If it his him - I’ll back him and wish him to succeed but doubtful !

2 Likes

Aren’t all managers like that in interviews?

Massive own goal if it is and would just rubber stamp how incompetent the board are.

They need someone in like Cowley to give the place a lift and boost those ST sales.

2 Likes

Excuse the couple of youngsters?

Wtf? They are Autistic and do a great job.

The same 2 that interviewed Flynn.

12 Likes

Looks like BBM is off to Tranmere.

Next manager news:

2 Likes

Apologies, i didn’t realise that, or who TWS were. Great job by them, in that case. No offence was meant.

5 Likes

This would have been a great appointment for us!!

And it’s left us looking like lemons.

1 Like

See what you did there… :lemon:

1 Like

https://twitter.com/TranmereRovers/status/1654078439505162240?s=20

Time will tell if it’s a good appointment for Tranmere I suppose the key is if he has learnt from the numerous mistakes he made at Rochdale. A couple of fans I was talking to at the away game weren’t very complementary about him.

1 Like

Tranmere appoint from within , interesting , wonder if we will do the same ??

1 Like

Oh no he isn’t.