Notts County (A) 20th July, 3pm

Safe to say ferrier and Dobson off, haven’t had a preseason and played no games, sooner the better in my opinion

sounds like Rose is messing up his chance. Miskicks a back pass from Guthrie and just about manages to clear it off the line.

probably nervous?

Not sounding too convincing at the moment

:confused:

If he’s nervous playing against Notts County what’s he going to be like when we come up against the likes of the mighty Mansfield Town?

2 Likes

Adebayo seems to be getting plenty of the ball,he looks promising.

I bet he’s making DC nervous…:grin:

1 Like

1-0 Scarr. Blasted in a head back from a corner.

0-1 walsall Scarr with a shot from a Guthrie corner nodded down by Sadler

I think we will get plenty of goals this season from set pieces with 3 centre backs on the pitch

3 Likes

I just wish we could go back to the days when we look forward to having set pieces because we could do something with it.

1 Like

Graham Forbes?..:wink:

1 Like

Apart from being deceived by the bobble on a back pass (shades of Jimmy Walker against Wolves), Rose hasn’t had much to do but his distribution has been decent.

The reason he’s mainly a spectator is that the defence are looking like a solid unit, and are dealing with anything (which is not much) that gets past Guthrie, Kinsella and Sinclair (who is all over the pitch).

Up front Adebayo is looking really good - winning everything in the air and quick on the ground. Also he and Gordon appear to be forming a partnership (though occasionally still getting in each other’s way).

Not too many real chances despite some good approach work (the wingbacks look better defensively than attacking) but we probably deserve to be ahead at the break.

I’m expecting the usual full team swap for the 2nd half.

1 Like

Hope Clarke has got something in the pipeline regarding a natural goalscorer we are creating the chances just struggling to find the onion bag. The board need to make a statement of intent by backing him using the transfer fees from Dobson, ferrier & cook. It would get the fans through the gate and behind Clarke and the team.and take a bit of heat of bonser and the board

4 Likes

I was wrong - only 1 change (Slinn for Rose).

In Poland first squad played roughly 60 minutes.

I’m prepared for the very real possibility of being wrong on this, but I’m not overly concerned about the forward situation, at present. We have two young centre forwards, still feeling their way into league football- reports and observations including today, suggest that a promising partnership is in its embryonic stage, and they will be working with a wily old fox in Marcus Stewart on a daily basis.

There wasn’t a great deal of “established” or “proven” around when Grigg, Brandy, & Bowerman, and Bradshaw & Hiwula initially were our striking options, and everything came up fine and dandy on both occasions.

The issue comes if one or both strikers hit poor form or gets injured then we have no replacement

Mass substitution on the way (just as Michal predicted).

I didn’t know Mass was in the squad!

1 Like