Photos of fellows park

There are a lot of trees. I hadn’t noticed at ground level. Will pay more attention on next visit.

That Crewe Away end

Open Air
Shallow Terracing
Fence at the front

Reminded me of our end at FP

I think the terraces were made of old railway buffers.

Stood at Northampton on the cricket ground behind a piece of string, as I recall. Never been so close to the players. I think we lost 3-0 on a very windy day.

I wonder if the people who never knew FP and started as kids at Bescot will be sentimental about it in the future.

No, they will probably celebrate when it is knocked down and a certain family can no longer continue to build their fortune at our football club’s cost.

1 Like

I’ve already heard sentiments around missing the times where the home end was a terrace with a low roof.

1 Like

They’ll be reminiscing with fondness about queuing for half an hour in The Stadium Suite to buy a pint of freezing cold ■■■■.

1 Like

One of the most poignant reminders of conditions at FP.

9 Likes

Not so good.

I can smell em now

2 Likes

And those of our fan base under say 35 who never sampled the Fellows Park bog have the audacity to complain about the state of the toilets in the Lower! :rofl:

4 Likes

And those FP toilets were salubrious compared to some. The away end toilets at the Vetch. :grimacing:
And if I let my mind wander a bit, I can still conjure up the smell of the Wrexham toilets.

2 Likes

At least the floor’s dry! :joy:

1 Like

That must have been on a very good day… looks almost palatial.

A thought just came into my head of a damp wet night game… the steam and the smell… nearly puked.

1 Like

Anyone who went to Luton away a couple of seasons back would vouch that it was worse than the FP bogs. Similar conditions but enclosed under the stand like a gas chamber. :flushed:

That picture taken after the 89-90 season so it hadn’t been used for a few weeks! Been in there many times when it was enough to turn your stomach.

1 Like

Exeter bogs were similar a few seasons back. I stayed in a while just to reminisce.

3 Likes

Apologies if I’ve posted this before and it’s not Fellows Park but it’s a picture of me 'looking ‘ard’ :rofl: outside the entrance to Readings Elm Park in September 1976 a couple of hours before the game. We were all in the pub directly opposite the entrance, The Spread Eagle, when someone shouted that the team had arrived so a few of us dashed out to cheer our heroes and were rewarded by Bernie Wright spitting just before he went in, X marks the spot. We lost 2 - 1 :unamused:but beat them 6 - 1 in the return match in Febuary.

5 Likes

Two and a bit years later, a new Walsall fan is born. :family_man_woman_boy:

9 Likes

Do you still have the mullet? :laughing:

Alas no Andy :disappointed: