PJT v Cheltenham 20/9/22

Tonight was a free pass for Flynn, nobody is interested in this competition so willing to accept defeat, its important we put in a good performance against Tranmere and avoid defeat or else the pressure will be cranked up a notch.

Hopefully Flynn as realised Comley and Kinsella dont need to be on the pitch at the same time.

1 Like

I honestly donā€™t know whatā€™s happened to us with this. Early season we looked innovative and creative. Recently weā€™ve had endless high chipped punts into the box.

Why Knowles has to take everything is beyond me as 1) his long throw isnā€™t that long and is a piece of cake to defend so letā€™s mix it up and build sometimes 2) his corners are shockingly bad from both sides

I am interested in this competition.

I am not willing to accept defeat.

I wanted Walsall to do well in it, and would absolutely love the chance to go to Wembley again. This competition is on a par with the League Cup, and not far off the FA Cup in my opinion in the chance it gives us to make progress.

In a season where it looks highly likely that we will not be seriously challenging either the promotion or relegation positions we only have three cup competitions to offer a bit of excitement and interest. It looks as if we are now out of two of them without much of a struggle.

4 Likes

He was much better when he went to the right side

1 Like

Possibly not far off the league cup because teams mostly play the second string teams, but FA Cup not a chance donā€™t even come close.

1 Like

I feel your pain @Bernie
I too watched my favourite go out tonight and missed the chance to get to the masterchef final
Poor old minty :smile: :wink:

1 Like

Agree on both of those points on the evidence of tonight. Most corners were too high and too deep so couldnā€™t really be attacked by anyone in the box or trying to run onto it.
Surprised Hutchinson didnā€™t take more of them tbh.

1 Like

No it wasnā€™t.

Yes they are.

WHAT :rofl:

Thanks for that, there was me struggling to attach any importance whatsoever to a potential 11th game without a win - PHEW.

Would have been nice if heā€™d realised that about mid-July along withā€¦

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/WFCOfficial/status/1572329320080723969?t=JXFvmq3l6iuc7I5RFJ53jQ&s=19

1 Like

I watched it on I follow. We certainly wernt terrible. There were some positives. Earing did very well and Kinsella was better. We canā€™t score though and donā€™t even look like scoring. Cashman was dire.
Like others have said I dread to think what will happen when DJ goes back. Unless Boycott has something up his sleeve we could find ourselves hurtling towards the bottom of the table come January.

3 Likes

Repeating the same points again still donā€™t make me agree. Youā€™d expect those stats from your attacking midfielder (especially in a team that lacks creativity from its other outlets, like second striker and wing backs) and thatā€™s what heā€™s been in the team to do, bar the odd game.

Hutchinson has been poor for weeks, maybe playing him deeper, and having Earing do that job is the answer if it was so good tonight :+1:t3:

Blimey sounds like itā€™s an achievement for Gordon to get back running never mind be on the pitch playing again.

2 Likes

I wish Flynn wouldnā€™t eat a snickers bar before every interview.

8 Likes

:joy::joy: The fact is they are facts and the fact is no one else has bettered them. If that makes him the best of a bad lot then ok but it doesnā€™t change them.

Also being in a team that lacks creativity doesnā€™t mean you expect them from one player. Anyone who knows football will know that thatā€™s even harder and without players to give you the ball or without players to give the ball to itā€™s almost impossible to create anything.

And itā€™s really not the odd game heā€™s played a different role, itā€™s almost the odd game where he has played it!

Yeah, again I donā€™t think heā€™s been great but strip away the stupid expectation and heā€™s really been alright most of the time. However like many young players, a bad game can be a really bad one (ie Barrow). Other games heā€™s sacrificed individuality for digging in (Stevenage and Newport) and thatā€™s to be commended not chastised. Hartlepool, Swindon, Charlton, West Ham, Orient first half, Colchester second half, tonightā€¦are all games i think he did well (relatively speaking).

Remember, like many of our players confidence has been stripped bare and thatā€™s particularly hard on the younger players and hits the creative types harder still. Earing, Hutchinson, Allen and even Bennett last couple of games have all suffered from being sin a side where even the experienced players have lost their way a little.

I agree Earing was sharp tonight and providing he has no aches and pains Iā€™d fully expect him to play that role saturday. Iā€™d always pick kinsella and for me Hutchinson plays in there too.

2 Likes

I am sure the owners are at Ā£10,000 per win

1 Like

And 20k for progression to the next stage 50k down the swanny potentially

2 Likes

Well thatā€™s actually happening now in September, but take your point :+1:

1 Like

Iā€™m not denying they are true, I have a different perspective on them. Thatā€™s what I mean about stats needing context.

Completely untrue.

Little tip, if somebody doesnā€™t reply the first time to the same points, maybe donā€™t keep bombarding them. Especially if you will predictably, at some stage, claim it was me drawing out the discussion. Second time now :+1:t3: