Pomlett’s Briefing

He needs fans to have had AT LEAST 2 pints :laughing:

I was passed that at 12:00 my micro pub opened at 11:00

1 Like

I think to watch anything to do with Walsall FC you need at least a gallon of anaesthetic to get through it !!!

1 Like

Boom!

Nice one Leigh :+1:

Is this what the delay was for? To sign off on the DoF position?

The briefing is live!!

2 Likes

Dutton hates Vale

Pomlett Key Points:

On the club:

We haven’t dealt with COVID well on the pitch, but have off the pitch. The fallout will be in the next two years. We are ok (financially).

Pomlett and other directors has input cash into the club during the pandemic. “If I have to do it again - I will”.

Bonser does not own a single share in this business.

“I expect us to be impacted for a couple of years yet”

On the team:

I am not happy. I did not anticipate the loss of form. “We should not be where we are in the league”.

“Difficult to know why that would be”

“It is not a budgetary constraint where we are in the league”

“We are at least top 10 budget in League Two”

Punching below our weight.

On Dutton:

“I had to find a quick solution.”

Dutton could have said no, and gone somewhere else. Leigh respects that.

Baptism of fire.

Very disappointed for him, but still has enormous faith in Brian. Deserves to be successful.

Leigh will be patient and hold firm.

Brian knows that we need to win games.

'Wins fairly quickly"

On new Director of Football:

“Because fo situation we are in, we will, in support of Brian, will appoint a DoF”

To help Brian through to the rest of the season.

Experienced head to help Brian, and look at the whole side of the football club.

Interviewing process begins today.

Drive the football agenda of the club.

“I will not make an appointment unless it is right”

On longer term view of football club:

Currently writing a plan.

Three things to achieve: 1. Communicate well, build bridges; 2. try and get back into League One; 3. Reunite the club with the freehold.

These objectives have not changed. The covid hit on the club, will delay this strategy by a year or two.

My work here will be complete when we are pushing for the championship.

…“can I ask you a favour… can you back off a bit… and get off Brian’s back”

7 Likes

On the last point. I’m happy to get off his back. I’m not going to watch another game this season, I can’t deal with the randomised formations and team selection. Easy, thanks Leigh!

2 Likes

I can’t believe he’s told us to back off! We’re paying customers and we’ll be here long after pomlett Dutton and these players. We’re literally doomed cause he can’t see past mr nice guy when it’s plainly clear we aren’t winning another game. It’s gonna take losing the next 4 away games before he reacts and by then we truly will be in trouble. Add me to the list of no more.

2 Likes

Would you rather we win the next couple of games somehow ( we won’t ) and Dutton stays or we lose a couple ( expected ) and Dutton goes with a new guy coming in? Be amazing if pomlett is right and Dutton does become the new smith

Well done Leigh :clap: :clap:

10 Likes

Thought that was a really good video as they all have been.

I’d ask anyone who has read the bullet points above and will react to them to watch that segment of the video as it can come across a lot different in writing than it does in video - at the very least do that before you react.

3 Likes

I was ok till the end. 1 win in the last 14 games… We would be complete mugs if we didnt get on their backs. Can you imagine what that run of games games would look like at the dog heads or villa? But were supposed to take it up the chuff and say, its ok. Never.

DoF… yeah good step in the right direction.

But why is noone mentioning that a big reason why were crap is becuase the club have allowed the majority of the teams contracts to run out this summer. So weve gone from a squad of contracted players to one of mercenaries in a season. Plus adding onto that a manager whos as wet as a ducks belly.

Tuesday is gona be tough. Gulp.

2 Likes

Forget the bullet points.

My short term focus is staying up and getting enough points on the board and the rest comes after. Dutton and his 25759 different formations isn’t the answer. Stevie wonder can see it but pomlett will carry on until we’ve gone another 12 games without a win

I think he’s been very honest. He knows it’s not working on the pitch and plans to address that with a new director of football. If the results do not improve then he has stated that hew will take action
To the people who will now stop paying into he club via iFollow (and I know some of you weren’t paying anything) you should recognise that you are harming the club. What do you expect to achieve?
I recognise that he has had to delay his ambition by a couple of years and I can see where he’s coming from with regard to the finacial situation as a result of Covid. He’s right that some clubs have resorted to borrowing. He’s right that over the next couple of years they will be paying that back.
Overall I’m going to continue supporting the bloke at least until the wheels really come off and more drastic changes are needed.

7 Likes

It’s worth remembering how poor the communication from the top of the Club was previously when watching a video like this. There are clearly massive problems on the football side, but I don’t think anybody could complain about the detail we’ve just been given in that update about several key issues. Also, the commitment to fans’ forums and other meetings with supporter groups is very important and should give everyone on here the opportunity to have their questions answered directly.

With regards to the DoF, I’m really encouraged that we’re laying some foundations for the future of the Club. Personally, I still think there should be another addition to the coaching staff to support Dutton especially with Sadler playing every match at the moment, but at least we now know what the overarching plan is.

3 Likes

No, we can’t ■■■■■■■ “back off a bit”. If I was in the ground I wouldn’t be “backing off a bit” and that seems to be the only thing that gets through.

Not sure why we are still discussing Darrell Clarke.

You may as well replace “nobody cares more than me” with “number one fan”

Completely non plussed by the director of football stuff. Some teams with them are doing well, some teams with them (including Vale by the way who over saw their manager change) are doing poorly.

The old draconian attitude to borrowing is still there. There’s irresponsible debt and their is manageable debt. We still don’t know the difference.

And I’m afraid, as for not wanting to be in a situation where we are in a fight to keep our league status, well, WAKEY WAKEY PAL because that’s exactly where we are.

All and nothing :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

I mean if you want to dismiss the video in it’s entirely to keep screaming into the abyss then that is completely up to you, just a bit weird innit.

2 Likes