Prediction League 2: 2020-21 Table

May I refer the honourable gentleman to last year’s campaign.

Last year’s campaign was actually alright in the end - appalling start and completely off the pace but a steady nibbling after week 14 and 8th at the premature conclusion, with only 5 points to 3rd, 11 to 1st and in excellent form. I was looking forward to my customary points bonanza over the final 9 games, with maybe a 3rd-5th finish, but it all ended way too soon.

A dead heat with the Manc at the conclusion.

" Random" was his go-to excuse word last season, now lottery. Wonder what it will be next season- Act of God? He’s basically saying he can’t hack it when the going gets tough. What’s a flat track bully?

1 Like

Yes, it hasn’t gone well has it. Same with backing Walsall on the spreads but far less costly.

Never mind, I’m ■■■■ hot on The National League.

2 Likes

It gives you time to bask in the glory of very recent triumphs, which also helps when swatting away the bitter intrigues of malevolent predictors who regard others with envious eyes and offer nothing but poisonous mischief and the baleful glares of inadequacy: @Shrewsbury-Saddler

1 Like

I did warn you about hubris a couple of years ago. The response? More hubris.

1 Like

I still think @Exile has too much of advantage being 12 hours ahead - it’s obvious he knows the results before they happen over here!

4 Likes

I seem to recall the terrified warning happened prior and during my magnificent victory of the 2018-19 season. I have however, taken it on board and restricted my self-appreciation from ‘constant’ to ‘exceedingly regular’.

be careful it can send you blind :innocent:

1 Like

After the last two weeks of mid-week p-p games, I thought I’d do a quick update of the table.
Tbh, the scores were so poor across the 6 games played, that only a few people acquired any points! So, a tiny bit of movement, only.
It played nicely into Exile’s hands as, with people close behind using up their p-p games, it gives less chance of catching top spot!

Don’t forget the thread for Saturday’s games and we’ll see a start to the important run in to the title!

2 Likes

Once you get to 5 weeks on the trot not predicting, I will. :+1:

1 Like

Updated table from the weekend. A real mixed bag of scoring with lots of blobs and 1s but also 3s and 4s. The winning score was 4 points, achieved by Harlequin and cookyskid - well done to both of you!

This Friday’s games are now up and running. Happy Easter predicting!!

2 Likes

Only a few rounds left for some August competitors to up their game and get into the left hand column!

1 Like

Updated table after the Southend game today. Pretty poor scoring and only a handful of people got more than 1 point tbh, and only 2 people got more than 2 points!! The winning score was 4 points, achieved by maverick - well done!

Exile managed to extend his lead this weekend and has an ominous looking lead now but you never know what can happen over the remaining weeks and football is a funny old game so keep going in search of those points, people!

The thread for Monday and Tuesday is already up and running so make sure you don’t forget!

1 Like

Aren’t there rumours about financial irregularities by @Exile that could lead to a points deduction? Twitter is awash with them apparently, so a full expose is only a matter of time. If Walsall were saved by Plymouth all those years ago, surely anyone between 2nd and 14th could soon be back in the running on here. All depends on how much he has promised @JollyJohnny for a clean sheet though.

1 Like

To comment on such vile slander only gives credence to the rumor. You shall be hearing, instead, from my lawyers.

See you for your day in court! Less of a backlog of cases in NZ so let’s settle it there then.

What are you offering?

The Spanish Inquisition…

damn! Now you’ll be expecting them!

1 Like

Looks like I’ve peaked too early!

Now where have we heard that before!? :thinking:

1 Like