Prediction League 2: 2023-24 - Intro & Table

I think it’s coincidence rather than any " Vietnamese practices." :wink:I don’t even think one of us regularly posts before the other.

2 Likes

Updated table after yesterday’s games and I think the reduced fixture list plus a couple of surprising results resulted in very low scoring. The winning score was 2 points, achieved by 9 predictors, so well done to: cookyskid, Boldmeresaddler, Welsh_Saddler, Northwichsaddler, me, Shrewsbury-Saddler, Belphegor, ProfessorPeach and RobHarv3y.

In the same way that the Saddlers return to league 2 action next Saturday, so we return to a full set of fixtures next game week; these will be posted shortly.

3 Likes

Think we should have stuck with Matt Taylor on reflection, hes managed to get Salop topping the Premier League

1 Like

And playing in the Cup on the same weekend. Dan Mole eat your heart out.

Points accumulating nicely. If I can get out of the bottom two it’s been a successful season

1 Like

Updated table after yesterday’s games. A mixed bag of scoring with one or two teams slipping up from expected results and teams not in form suddenly finding a result - the beauty of football!
The winning score was an excellent 5 points (and 1 goal away from a full 6 pointer!), achieved by tinned - well done!

The top of the table is starting to look very tight indeed so this month’s transfer window could be key to see who can break away from the pack and chase the top spot!!:yum:
There are one or two p-p games coming up in the next couple of weeks so any points for those will be added as and when I do a weekend games update.

The FA CUP prediction positions will be posted up later and the head to heads for R4 revealed. With the replays due to be played, fixtures for it will be posted as soon as is possible once the ties are sorted.

Ive had barely a point for the last 5 or 6 weeks.

It really is feast or famine with me.

1 Like

Yeah, you had done a bit of a Newcastle down the table after a great start to the season, but chose not to mention it! Maybe the start of a rise back up to the top!:wink:

1 Like

Updated table after today’s games. Pretty low scoring with a reduced fixture list but also some games going against form and expectation! The winning score was 3 points, achieved by stig231 and ProfessorPeach - well done both of you!

There was a p-p game on Tues night but I had done the table and placing before remembering about it and, to be honest, only 2 people scored any points from it, so I’ll add those on, along with any points from the p-p game this Tuesday, when I do next week’s table.

Next weekend’s games will be up and running shortly.

4 Likes

Updated table after yesterdays’ games and a slightly bizarre and unexpected set of results led to lots and lots of 0 points! In fact, only 9 people scored more than 1 point! The winning score was 4 points, achieved by chunkster - well done on your 3rd weekly win!

I have added in the points scored from the 2 Tuesday p-p games over the last 2 weeks as well. There seems to be a bit of a gap developing between people now so the next few weeks and the run in of the season is key to see who is still in contention near the end of the season!

Next week’s games will be up and running shortly.

2 Likes

I could have 10 weekly wins, but i still can’t get off that second bloody page :grin:

1 Like

Well done mucka. That’s a great score given the results this weekend

1 Like

Cheers buddy
It is just the other 26 predictions that have let me down :grin: :wink:

1 Like

Well done? That tinarse just cost me a weekly win! :joy:

1 Like

Every cloud eh? :grin: :wink:

1 Like

Given you’re that far behind I’m not too fussed. :grin:

1 Like

Updated table after yesterday’s games.
Generally pretty good scoring across the board and the winning score was 4 points, achieved by saddla, jonathan, RedandWhite, Burton-Saddler (1st weekly win) and DonningtonSaddler (5th weekly win!) - well done to you all!

There are games this Tuesday evening (13th) and the thread is now up and running.

1 Like

Updated table after last night’s games and a strange set of results led to pretty low scoring overall, with lots of 0s!
The winning score was 3 points, achieved by jonathan, TheHassBoss (1st weekly win!), Rugbysaddler, Professor Peach (3rd win in 6 weeks!) and DonningtonSaddler (back to back wins and now leading the way with 6 weekly wins!)

The thread for Saturday’s games will be up shortly.

2 Likes

Closing in! Can I make it off the bottom before the end of the season?!

2 Likes

Updated table after today’s games. Pretty low scoring overall but the winning score was 4 points, achieved by Michal, Gavin 77 and chunkster - well done to the three of you!

A change of leadership at the top of the table and things are getting tight again up there as we head into the final stretch of the season.

2 Likes