Retained & Released List - 2022

Petterson couldn’t have been any worse - someone in the crowd wouldnt have done worse.

He was shit in the warm up, fumbling everything. Remember vividly telling my mate he was shit during it - never did I think he’d be that wank.

2 Likes

McKinney was clearly one of Mersons pub mates who’d agreed to cover his bar tab in exchange for a few games.

Mills is dogshit should never have signed him in the first place he wont get another League club.

I just looked him up I’m amazed he’s played so much league football. He once got player of the year at Morecambe :hushed:

1 Like

Hes cack the cheeky barsteward was lucky we signed him Vale fans said he was awful.

1 Like

He did a job holding the ball up when DS came in. Didn’t he score the winner v Southampton in a midweek game when they had about a million shots at goal, that was a big old 3 points in the great escape. And he hit a few other goals that got points in those months.

I agree though getting in a veteran player hasn’t been a great move in last few seasons. Russell Martin, Guthrie, Ward and Tomlin all massive misses. Annoying when a nearly 40 year old Wes Hoolahan goes to Cambridge and inspires them to promotion within six months, perhaps he could do a job here as think they released him.

Can only think Leak isn’t MF’s type of CB but then I guess Rollin, Monthe and Daniels are all here for next year and he wants one more so probably wants to free up some wages for that area.

1 Like

He played in the prem for Charlton didn’t he?

Hopeless run of keepers around that time to cover Jimmy’s absences.

Literally as soon as we signed him i knew we’d get rid of him this summer :smile:

After the first few signings of Wilkinson, Monthe and Labadie which got everyone excited, Mills was a typical cheap signing

2 Likes

Would Adam Chambers come under this category?

He was a sideways step from Leyton Orient, but I don’t think ever hit the same heights as a regular prem player in their prime as with the others.

1 Like

I think he played a similar number of Premier League games to Mat Sadler, somewhere between 10 and 20 I would think. Fantastic player though, Chambers.

2 Likes

I’m sure someone will correct me if I’m wrong but I was at that game and I remember it as a Tuesday night Cup match

No. Deffo a Saturday. January 17 2004 to be precise.

2 Likes

Not the cup, Millwall knocked us out in January, which is where Walker ran half the length of the pitch to lamp Dennis Wise. But also saw us knocked out the competition.

Cov would have been the first league game since then!

1 Like

Lowlights can be found on Youtube. To be fair after watching them there wasn’t a fat lot he could of done about the goals that day

1 Like

Thanks for the info. After all these years a lot of the games have blurred into one

2 Likes

And this is why I’m saying McKinney was worse, having seen him when we got spanked at Oldham.

Jorge got sent off too, for nothing. And their first was yards offside. And Wise deserved it! As I recall he was the Referee that day, or might well have been.

1 Like

Wasn’t there a 3-2 defeat at Stoke in the Petterson run where Jorge tapped in a goalbound late leveller only to be offside? Had he left it…

1 Like

Wise always deserved it, the rancid little toad. Our two performances at Millwall that season were both shambolic and awful, even though the scorelines didn’t really show that.

1 Like