Retained & Released List - 2022

For some reason I always thought that Coventry game was played on a Sunday afternoon?

As an aside, in golf, a tricky short putt is referred to as a ā€œDennis Wiseā€.
A nasty little 5 footer.

9 Likes

Yeah he conceded 10 goals in 3 games.

Most damagingly he cost us 2 points at home to Crewe by being an absolute useless twonk when they floated a ball in.

The streets never forget. :smile: I will never be convinced anyone has ever done worse in a Walsall shirt.

2 Likes

The Sunday game was 01-02 wasnā€™t it? A 1-0 defeat, I think David Thompson scored their goal.

Yeah, Gary Wales it was whoā€™d had the shot, and Jorge decided to get a needless touch on it because they got paid goal bonuses :man_facepalming:t2:

3 Likes

Yeah it was a damaging blow that one v Crewe. If I remember right it wasnā€™t even a cross it was just an aimless ball from the center of the pitch that he came for and got nowhere near. Was pretty late in the game too I think, last ten mins.

1 Like

Spot on. Theyā€™d done nothing all game as well. Unfortunatly there was a big crowd that day and I had seats right next to the away end :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

If anyone wants to relive the Coventry nightmare, here itā€™s is in full!

I remember it well enoughā€¦ I will pass!

5 Likes

Nah your alright :smile:

2 Likes

Found the highlights instead, thought the unexpurgated version might be a little too much.
Couldnā€™t argue with the red card for Stiff Joakes, and Iā€™d forgotten they missed a pelanty at 6-1.
Good shot by Wrack, Iā€™d forgotten that as well.
My word we were terrible that day, all that was left was to repair to the pub and have a good laugh with lots of other Saddlers to get it out of the system.

1 Like

Thought heā€™d been in the premier league, thanks :+1::+1::+1:

Are they allowed to exercise the option but offer less money? I suspect not and I suspect that might be the negotiating stance.

No. If they do that he can leave on a free.

Perhaps they are negotiating a deal beyond the one year?

2 Likes

That is my view too.

1 Like

Please God no!:pray:

Osadebeā€™s performances fluctuate too much I wouldnā€™t waste anytime sorting a deal out with him to be honest.Heā€™d fit right in at a playoff pushing national league side.

I think Osadebe would be fine in a side higher up in our division. Our whole setup from the time he has been here has been workmanlike with the onus on him to be the one creative player. If he was in a side that was set up to attack and had more creative players around him, I donā€™t think his flaws would be as exposed as much as they are here, for the role heā€™s been asked to fulfil for the most part

Letā€™s hope he is prepared to sign it. I wouldnā€™t blame him if he wanted to go elsewhere but, as weā€™ve seen plenty of times, he has a bit of something special about him, which can unlock defences and cause problems for the opposition.

2 Likes