Richard O’Kelly appointed

Welcome back Richard.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Mr Boycott

3 Likes

I forgot that Richard came from Alvechurch, and i think we had David O’Kelly from them as well? we forget how our none league midland teams have supplied our higher level football clubs with quality players.
Just a mention of congratulations to my nephew and the Alvechurch team and coaches for winning the Worcester senior cup last night against Evesham in a penalty shoot-out, he proudly sent me the pics of the celebrations last night, must admit, the cup looks impressive

10 Likes

I think this is a brilliant appointment. The young boy Matt Sadler has done a good job, and for the first time in years we have the nucleus of a good squad to build on in the summer. But has made a few mistakes, particularly in his team selections, tactics and substitutions on occasions - we need ROC to put a steadying hand on his shoulder when needed.

2 Likes

You are our one mean detective derby, I can see you now busy working it all out and how it all joins up:

2 Likes

Might aswell be called Director of Football here its just a different name for the job i reckon.

I like this appointment though, the more (successful) football experience around the club the better.

2 Likes

I’d have imagined your dot to dots book as a kid would have been a sight. A potential picture of a frog would have looked like a sock

What if his dot to dot book was of various sock puppet animals?

5 Likes

I got no response to come back with. Well played. Well played indeed

2 Likes

The set-up is a lot more professional now than when O’Kelly came here as assistant to Dean Smith in 2012. At that time the manager had one assistant, a physio/fitness trainer in Jon Witney, and Mick Kearns was our goalkeeping coach, which he combined with running the community programme.

We now have a Head Coach, Assistant Head Coach, First Team Coach, Goalkeeping Coach, Physiotherapist, Fitness Coach, Analyst, and an Associate Director to advise on football matters.

3 Likes

Okelly behind the scenes pulling the strings then? It wasn’t Bonser after all​:rofl::wink:

True mate also a few pros passed through Walsall and had spells there . Williams is the latest from them to us how some are writing the guy off already is amazing lad not really had chance to prove anything as yet since getting injured

2 Likes

I predict Dion Dublin will be joining the club soon.

3 Likes

Brilliant news. Another very important positive step forward for the Club.

Can we expect to see you pesky kids (you & @derbysaddler that is) parking the Mystery Machine outside the Locker?

1 Like

The things you hear at breakfast by the sausage tray in the Bonser hotel mate.

Follow the money…and the sausages

2 Likes

Has to be good news this. Let’s hope Deano stays in the US for a while because if he comes back to the UK again, ROK may be off again.

He helped Sadler get the job?

O’Kelly Out :wink:

1 Like

I don’t give to hoots as long as ROK votes. Hutch POS .

Knows the club well and has a wealth of knowledge.
From what I gather, he’s assuming the director of football role without the title.
Top man is Richard, good appointment by the club.

Im pleased as it gives me hope the future will be better.

With some people dishing out the credit for the upturn in performances then surely the debit card should also come out to play for some of the more recent shite? Just sayin :grin:

1 Like