Rochdale (H) 2nd Feb, 3pm

Might as well just completely change the back 4. There’s literally nothing to lose any more.

Since the start of November by my reckoning in all competitions we’ve conceded:

15 games in 21 where we’ve conceded 2 or more.

Laird Fitzwater Johnson Norman. Why the ■■■■ not now? How do Guthrie and Leahy secure starts no matter what?

I think we’re going down.

3 Likes

What is worrying is the fact that we have 2 new defenders in the team and we still can’t defend set pieces?

1 Like

I remember back in the day (and I wasn’t a even a lad ) and the powers that be @ the Bank’ssss’ had some ambition, that Forest used feel the same whenever we rocked up to West Bridgford. A guaranteed 3 points and a lovely pre & post match @ Hooters

For the true Supporters the results today are

Sloppies 0 - Luton Town 3 ( currently 1st in League 1… 6 points clear ! )

Millwall 0 - Rotherham 0 ( currently 21st in Championship )

Cardiff v Bournmouth this is a 17:30 KO ( currently 10th in the Premier League, they can move up to 8th with a win today and having beat Chelsea at home 4-0 in midweek )

Thanks for the tip Jeff

Gutless ■■■■■■■. Put the ■■■■■■■ rugby on to show them abit of pride and passion!!

So Deano’s been in charge for one game has he? We have a couple of players in our team that would walk into any league one side eg Cook, Jarvis. the rest are pretty solid bottom end league one in my opinion. No way is this a relegation squad, and I’ve seen us relegated from this league three times in my time as a fan 79 90 and 06. As for the new signings, yes they deserve time, but why has he started Ferrier instead of Oteh? and Devlin on the wing instead of the winger he signed? None of that makes any sense. You don’t sign players who you then pick as secondary to the ones you signed them to replace.

7 Likes

I’ve been saying for a while it’s naive to blame this on players. I watched the Pompey game and pointed out that our way of playing was awful, and that we had no real idea what to do. You cant put that kind of stuff down to players being poor, thats stuff they should be doing in their sleep.

Pointless Keates going now, he’s just gonna have to find the wins from somewhere. It’s worrying though that we have so little experience in midfield. Osborne is past it, and is off the pace… Kinsella, Dobson are kids, Edwards in any other team wouldn’t be a central midfielder. On the wings we’ve got Jarvis who is quality but why would he give a ■■■■? Zeli who has been poor, and a kid from Villa. Thats it - thats our midfield. No real quality, just pants.

We’ve gotta hope there’s 4 worse teams than us.

6 Likes

No but all the signings he’s made together have been.

Or did I miss months of the season? :thinking:

You’re moaning about Devlin but he was one of our better players particularly first half. And the two decent players you named are Keates signings.

And Ferrier was given the chance he asked for and actually played quite well.

There are fair criticism of that performances. You are not identifying any of them.

1 Like

People need to get off the Cook bandwagon. He’s not that good and no one was interested in him over January. Andrew and Henderson showed what good strikers do, holding the ball up and linking play. The ball just bounces off Cook and Ferrier and it’s embarrasing. Oteh look miles better than the pair of them.

1 Like

:roll_eyes: his hold up play in recent games has been better than his goal scoring in recent weeks which has been outstanding.

He’s had a poor game today. Jesus Christ fans are fickle.

I think Keates is becoming the issue… his style of play, poor defence, continual errors it’s now becoming a ground hog day scenario.

One thing that does need highlighting is his failure to improve and develop the players , I can’t think of one that’s improved.

The Jobs to big for him.

1 Like

Keates has signed some very good players, hence the fact that consistently losing at home against the worst teams in the league has to be his responsibility, he is after all the manager.

3 Likes

First time I’ve questioned Dean today.

Utter garbage. We are in serious trouble.

Cameron Norman made Leahy and Devlin look like Cafu and Maldini.

Devlin can never play right wing again.

Only positive I can think of is we have a week to get the new players to gel.

1 Like

Yes, exactly. He has signed some decent players. Despite what some say, he also inherited a fair few players who are perfectly good enough for this division and yet he can’t get them to gel and can’t eradicate the problems. I don’t know how many times I can say, before someone answers with a decent response, these are the same defenders as last season yet they let in far less goals then, so what’s the difference?

Norman’s a new player!

As someone who is very much on the Cook bandwagon, I would like to point out that without his goals we would currently have 8 less points and be second bottom of the league and be absolutely nailed on for relegation. Very much the same as if you took Ozzy out last season. At this moment in time, Andy Cook is one of the very few slim hopes/reasons that we might actually stay up against the many reasons why we will go down.

3 Likes

Yeah…

Mate, the definition of fickle is changing your opinion on a instant

Can feel my hands again now so analysis:

Roberts: kicking is awful, seemed slow to go down on second.

Norman - immobile.
Guthrie - worst of the back 4. Has the turning circle of a dead walrus being pushed by a three legged donkey. Dreadful.
Scarr - won a few headers but his distribution was poor.
Leahy - in contrast, his best defensive performance for a while.

Devlin - didn’t know what he was doing. Which isn’t surprising. At one point in open play he was in the left back position. Can never play there again.
Osbourne - rubbish at home - doesn’t show inside or get involved
Edwards - Brilliant run for the goal but was largely anonymous
Jarvis - Tried to get involved in the game but because of the long balls we pumped up to Cook - was ineffectual.

Cook - zero service.
Morg - Put a shift on but had to feed on channel balls.

Subs:

Taylor-Blackett - Promising signs.
Dobson - looked bothered and actually showed inside to receive the ball and play through the phases.
Oteh - looks very lively playing on the last man.

All in all - utter rubbish bar a 5 min spell after we scored. Where has this long hoof channel ball come from? That tells me there is no confidence in the defence or central midfield - so we are playing the percentages.

We need to seriously change the way we play, or else we will go down.

1 Like

More than that, he has to take responsibility for the fact that they keep failing to defend adequately, and to address that he decided to bring in 2x young unknowns, another youngster who has been part of the issue, and an unfit Laird, to bolster the back line.

1 Like

I was tempted to go today but I’m glad I continued my self imposed exile.

Good to see Keates is finally taking some criticism too. I’ve banged that drum for a few months and it’s always met with the same excuses. The club is a shambles from top to bottom, including Keates. I’m desperate for him to succeed though. It’s a horrible situation.

Ah well, at least I’m not wasting my money now.

4 Likes