Rory Gaffney Signs

Think you’ll find 'twas already planned and guessing they weren’t expecting what happened??!!

Just checked his recent goal record… not scored in the last 20 games he’s played in. Should fit in well.

2 Likes

Means nothing. Ryan Taylor hadn’t scored in over 40 odd games then he scored twice against us last week.

Let’s just all agree he is a pile of ■■■■ and get on his back in the traditional Walsall way. Has any one checked to see if he has any connections to Wolverhampton maybe he stopped there once ffs

3 Likes

Feel sorry for Darrell Clarke, few weeks ago the transfer rumours thread was going mad because we’d supposedly had a bid accepted for Gaffney, followed by moans when nothing came to fruition. Fast forward a few weeks and he’s signed on loan and that must mean he’s **** and Salford don’t want him so why should we! If he’d signed for a record breaking fee on a four year deal today, 75% of the above posts would not exist!

14 Likes

It doh ■■■■■■■ matter what striker we do/don’t sign unless we can get a player to get the ■■■■■■■ ball in the box more than once or twice in a game then no ■■■■■■ is gonna score.

2 Likes

I hope Gaffney is wellard, as he’s got a team to carry.

1 Like

Looking through my rose coloured specs …
oh for someone like Jimmy Mcmorran

Sorry to you younger ones but he had a football brain that most of the ones now wearing a Walsall shirt will never have.

2 Likes

Gaffney is a good signing… If we had won today the 5pm press release would have been met with a totally different attitude on this site. UTS

7 Likes

Hopefully we might see a change in the way we attack now with a new striker , who may be in the ■■■■■■■ box occassionally .

Our build up play was good again today , we controlled most of the play , but when we actually got forward our strikers moved out wide to receive a ball , and then obviously had no one in the box .

People were getting frustrated today that we played very crab like , sideways passing and not pushing forward as we need to to score , which obviously we aren’t .

With a striker who may be in the place we need him to be , we may actually change the way we attack (hopefully) and get balls crossed in , like Grimsby did very well today , and looked threatening every time they pressed forward .

We aren’t over excited with a loan deal , I get that we wanted some one to come in and be one of ours , well if he does well he very well might be .

Hopefully we are going to get another one or maybe two more in before the window closes , but who ever we do or don’t bring in please give this time , after all we have been used to so much ■■■■ over the years lets just try and give a little bit of slack , and maybe just maybe we can together turn this around .

10 Likes

Don’t worry we will sign Pogba next week :joy:

Another great post R&W.

1 Like

I agree you only have to go on the salford facebook page to see how much they rate him and are shocked he’s gone. He is match fit and has the hunger we need

1 Like

I’m expecting the next signing to be a winger on a 6 month loan from Rushall Olympic.

2 Likes

I’m encouraged by that. I honestly don’t think that we are far off a decent team, however, I thought the same this time last season :rage:

Please dont make jokes like that … hopefully you were , weren’t you :man_facepalming::joy:

Yeah me to mate but it is crucial for me that we give Clarke and our new team another 6 games before we start over analysing and ripping Clarke and the team apart…
We have not seen a good performance today but we must (as hard as it is myself included) stay patient and support our new regime. UTS

2 Likes

I’ve scored more on a night out in town than this bloke has scored goals in L2

Oh the embarrassment at unveiling this after a home drubbing to Grimsby - a ginger Andrew Barrowman. Quick, get your season tickets while you can, bound to be a surge in demand after this…

1 Like

Ain’t going to happen mate

1 Like

I won’t be calling for his head at all. When compared with the previous two managers, he is a massive step up. We need to have a bit of patience. Yes, it’s not a great start but it’s not a disaster either.
The cancer that was draining the life out of the club has gone. Let’s think longer term.

2 Likes