Salford City FC

Neville himself doesn’t even go to watch them :rofl:

At least you can spot the ones on the moon. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

You took the bait!! :joy:

Punchline.

Enjoy the hashtag - was out last night and a mate said to me “how do you think we’ll get on on Saturday?” to which i replied, “I think we’ll get a one all draw”.

He then proceeded to ask me about penalties - I said “What you on about - it’s a league game?”

2 Likes

No… they’re world class football people. You can’t question the pedigree of the owners, but you can question their dicisions, their attendances are rubbish and yet they turn down the chance of an earlier start and probably hundreds more home and away fans. Maybe they have money to burn so they’re not bothered.

1 Like

Its dire and dire to walk to

The New Oxford in Salford centre was a fantastic real ale pub. We then parked anout a mile away at the bottom of the hill. Awful ground awfully situated. The locals hate you anywhere near the ground

I second that recommendation - really good selection of real ale and continentals. It’s located in the corner of Bexley Square, scene of a famous battle between unemployed workers marching in protest at proposed dole cuts and heavily armed police who waded in unprovoked (it features as the climax of the novel and film Love on the Dole). There’s a commemorative blue plaque nearby.

3 Likes

If you are a fan of craft beer, and want a lucky omen before the game, there is the Sadler’s Cat (one for @Belgiansaddler :wink:) in Hanover Street up by Victoria station and only a short walk from Shudehill interchange where you can get a bus to the ground.

Edit: It’s a Cloudwater tap but has plenty of cask and keg from other brewers.

1 Like

I hope they are more sociable than my cats :heart_eyes_cat::heart_eyes_cat::heart_eyes_cat:

1 Like

I’ve seen a few people say they won’t be going knowing they won’t make it back in time for the England game so I’d imagine it’ll knock a couple hundred off at least. Still, some of the best days I’ve had following Walsall have been in away crowds of less than a thousand and we make plenty of noise regardless of numbers.

4 Likes

Is it just me or is it too hard to record the programme itself on your sky Q box,virgin box or freeview box then don’t have the radio on and turn all your apps off from giving notifications and by the time you’ve got home and fast forwarded all the talk pre match watched the first half and fast forwarded the half time break complete with advertisements you’d have almost caught up with real time anyway.

2 Likes

Take the blame higher, where it belongs i.e. FIFA. One of the downsides to our good tournament so far is that it’s quelled the anger a bit.

Every silver lining has a cloud!

Or just listen to the first 15 mins to 30 mins on the wireless.

Most games at this stage of international competitions tend to be very attritional in the early stages anyway.

4 Likes

Your showing your age P.T , wireless :wink:

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/wfcofficial/status/1600127927256944640?s=46&t=lkq1akwn-f6a3apalWtixg

444 sold so far. Probably looking at around 7-800 then ain’t we.

Probably a bit blinded by Scooby’s talk of Qboxes and stuff. Wireless for the first bit of England and then the telly for the business end.

Can’t beat a radiogram that takes up half a wall in the living room.

3 Likes

It takes at least 15 mins for the valves to heat up :grin:

2 Likes