Sam Perry - new contract

Well it isn’t great business if it’s just 12 months so no I won’t just to please you. I’ve worked throughout lockdown so it hasn’t really effected me so I’ve been great company indeed.

Let’s say we’re top4 come Christmas next season and we lose Perry in January for a much lower offer cause he’s got 6 months left on his contract will you be saying that’s good business from the club? Get real fgs

Reality? Ur opinion isn’t reality!The club might offer 3 but the player rejects it isn’t reality cause you don’t have a clue either. Jesus the irony of ur post. How’s about we question why the club hasn’t told us how long? We all know why but some of you won’t have a bad word said.

The scenario Orkney_saddler gave though is a reality, it may not apply in this case but it makes it no less of a reality.

1 Like

I’m struggling to see why you think it is only a one year deal? We’ve all seen how good a player Perry is, so why would the club offer a promising young player only a one year deal?

1 Like

Some people still don’t understand that the players and their agents still hold all the power in these circumstances especially where the player is talented and likely to be sought after. As far Perry is concerned I am sure we would have offered a deal of more than one year however he may or may not have accepted such a deal.

2 Likes

You tell me

If we can’t get a prospect from our youth to sign a long term contract whos 19 years old and who’s made an hand full of appearances then I’m sorry we might as well pack up now

Christ can’t we just be happy that we’ve signed the lad up? We don’t know contract length, so it’s not fair to slam the club is it?

Great news, the mid is looking decent for next year!

1 Like
2 Likes

We dunno what we’re happy about tho? We could have given him a 6 month contract and numpties on here would be saying great business well done Leigh, brilliant. Some of our fans don’t half make me laugh.

Staffs saddler I can understand the cynicism mate, I really can.

However, I really do back the fact, even if we can’t be sure, that Perry has signed at least a two year deal.

Do you honestly think that the club or the player would be arsed with agree a six month deal?

I really don’t get why the club haven’t announced it, which as KS says only makes people suspect it isn’t a long term one. If it is a 1 year deal though, I suspect it is because Perry has been advised not to commit to longer, rather than the club not wanting him to.

You’re right, they do.

If that’s the case I’ll hold my hands up and let you all publicly throw wet sponges at my head in public. imo we’re keeping it quiet cause it’s a short contract and not announcing the length of contracts doesn’t then give other clubs an heads up in the length and keeps fans at bay. Look I just want the kid here and the club to earn a decent value for him when someone does come sniffing instead of us getting next to nothing. I’m keeping quiet now anyway but the truth will come out.

1 Like

I’m not the one saying it’s only a one year deal, so you tell me.

Same mate I’m just hoping and believing that this is where the club has changed. Good prospects, solid long term deals.

If he’s off in January for 200k to Rotherham, I’ll likewise take up the sponge option.

1 Like

Excellent news.
I haven’t a clue how long a contract he has been offered.

If a player comes through a youth system I feel they owe the club some loyalty albeit shot term. A bit like an apprentice gaining knowledge and experience then pushing off. I did that.

2 Likes

Liam from e and a reports Dutton won’t disclose contact length

The actual quote is very bizarre:

Osadebe and Sam Perry both signed new contracts with the club on Monday and when asked how long the deals were for, Dutton said: "Manny’s is a year with a year option.

“Sam Perry, I forget.”