Scott Laird

Christ things must be bad!

So just to put the latest transfer rumours into context…

We are considering replacing Luke Leahy with the player he replaced who didn’t want to leave in the first place.

We are also considering replacing Jack Fitzwater, with the player he replaced who also wanted to stay with us a year ago.

All of this against the backdrop of having re-signed Isiah Osbourne, a player who left because we only offered him £300 a week, but then came back because we offered him a proper contract so he could play alongside the recently returned George Dobson.

Hows the catering manager getting on flipping those burgers, anyone know? If he’s crap maybe we could get Flo back to put some pizza on.

7 Likes

When is Anton Peterlin coming back?

1 Like

Do we have any ex-players working for Dyno-Rod?? I was thinking Taundz maybe? Do a job as a squad player and keep the bogs working.

1 Like

Incidentally we spent £43,000 on agents fees in the year to 31st January 2018…not the lowest in our Division by some distance!! so on this PHIL is wrong.I think, from memory that JB changed his view on paying agents some seasons ago so we now do pay fees to these leeches.

1 Like

Indeed - the purse strings have been relaxed in recent years - but if you look at previous years, we spent nothing.

Quite why they were relaxed, god knows, perhaps they released it was a stupid idea, like I said.

If all the rumours were to be believed at the moment our starting line up on Saturday could be:

Roberts

Laird
Downing
Gerrard
Devlin

Jarvis
Osbourne
Dobson
Ismail

Cook
Bent

6 of the 11 starting line up in their second spell with the club.

1 Like

What a team :clap:

I’ve got it on good authority Claude Gnakpa and Lee Beevers are signing today …

This has made me remember football transfer rumours.

My god, what a site that was.

1 Like

Defensively he is.

1 Like

It’s been announced he’s signed.

1 Like

Christ almighty what a backward step! Typical WFC thinking of just sign anyone, I presume everyone will be patting Gamble and Mole on their backs and saying well done chaps!!! Bloody comedy!

3 Likes

Regardless of what people think we should all give Laird our full support as he gives 100% on the pitch and in fairness that’s all we can ask of anyone once they are out on the turf!

7 Likes

Nice guy, not the answer.

Osbourne V.2.

Defensively better than Leahy. That doesn’t mean he’s up to League One Level and more than that survival level because we all know Leahy is a league one full back going forward and a League 2 defender going back. There has to be better replacements for Leahy than this. And that’s assuming he hasn’t deteriorated on a bench in League 2.

Stinks of “Hey, put your flags down for a second lads, remember this guy?! You really liked him!”

2 Likes

That will always be the case, and hey, he genuinely puts in 110. I hope he changes my opinion.

2 Likes

I think the sign behind him sums it all up! Is it me or does it read " Sadders" so fitting :joy:

He’s made all the right noises in his interview with the E&S. States he cares about the club, wants to earn himself a deal here, wants to do well for the club etc. Masi has said he’s got an infectious personality and believes he’s exactly the lift personality wise that the team needs. Also adds experience and was fairly solid before. Hope this is the first of several experienced additions. CB next please

2 Likes

We lost two decent, solid L1 defenders in James Wilson and Scott Laird, both of whom wanted to sign for us and at a time when steadiness and solidity was very much required following the break up of the Smith team. We’ve then endured a season and a half trying to play in L1 with a bunch of (at best) L2 defenders, while those two have been struggling to get a game in L2! You couldn’t make it up.

Welcome back Scott, please just stay on your feet, stop opposition crosses, kick and head the ball away to players in red shirts or to safety. That’ll do for me.

7 Likes