Season Tickets 22/23

At lot of things changed personally for me over the summer, which freed up weekends and it happened to coincide with the season ticket sale, something I haven’t been able to do in recent years and I possibly jumped the gun, and brought one after being enthused by the appointment of Taylor, a couple of the signings, admittance on the boards part they were going to fix things and so on.

I’m not saying I won’t be buying one this season, but I’m definitely on the fence.

1 Like

Cost of living on the increase, home improvements to be done etc. I’ll be looking at the early bird offer closely and asking do I want to commit money that will be in shorter supply to a hopeful punt on a better season off the back of what up until now have been empty promises from the club.

I agree.If people decide not to renew I will understand especially someone like Walsallnil (how apt that name has become :grinning:) who I have got to know well over the years. Lets face it other than the one “Smith year” we have had no success for over a decade. The biggest disappointment for me is the lack of cup runs as well a slow decline in our League form. You have often written about how low we would go before an uplift would come. I had hopes that this season would be the start of the long way back firstly to decent home performances and then promotion.On that basis the season so far has been a disappointment.However despite this I think we have a core of decent players for this level and with a better system and better luck with injuries we could yet do well.

3 Likes

As we stand at the moment, I won’t be renewing. (And I’ve had a season ticket since 1988).

I find myself frustrated watching the slow tempo we play at, (Newport 2nd half aside), disappointed with team selections and annoyed at the lack of adaptability to the playing system when we aren’t winning.

1 Like

Undecided and I won’t be hoodwinked by Pomser again either with his empty promises I love the club as does everyone on here but it’s sad to see what we have become in recent years I expected better this season and don’t see it happening without some decent signings this month.

If we had capitalised on that thrilling draw with similar display in the next match, the mood would be a lot more positive.

Instead, we get an appalling shitshow.

3 Likes

I said no as i intended not too bother, but when those early bird prices come out i suspect i will change my mind again. Its extremely good value. Especially my dads concessional price, i think it ends up at about a fiver a game.

Also, its really the only time i leave the house with regularity at the moment really with working from home up until recently. Its a good “excuse” and id probably go insane without it. Maybe my mental state would increase if we could defend :grinning:

3 Likes

Perhaps it’s just me but I’m not happy or content with scraping a draw when we should not be in that position to start with.

1 Like

I’ve put yes because I know I will just for the social side of it.
A lot of people say no every season through anger, myself included before, yet when it comes to it they still end up getting one.

Just glad I don’t go just for the football, then I would be fed up and probably wouldn’t bother.

11 Likes

Always buy four but only ever use two.

The other two are brought in the vain hope my two lads. Will once again. Come along. To support there hometown club.
But. Both of there season tickets will no doubt remain unused As both have. No desire. To attend. To watch the rubbish on show

And that is a sad indictment on those on the current board. looking down from there ivory tower.s

3 Likes

There was a time i used to let the football ruin my mood, but not being able to go at all was a good reset in that aspect for me.

I just enjoy going to the match as you say.

2 Likes

I have a season ticket which I will renew next year. I drive 91 miles each way to every home game. usually takes an hour and a half each way. If there are problems on the M6 or A14 it can easily add an hour on to the journey. Worst are the midweek games when inevitably one or both of M6 and A14 is closed for road works and I often don’t get home until midnight. My wife thinks I have a mistress.
I also go to all the away games in the southeast of the country (I count every club below a straight line from Crewe to Doncaster to be in the south east) The southwest is difficult to drive to although I have been to Exeter this season (Convinced the wife she needed a weekend away in Devon)

6 Likes

I hope the SLO or someone else connected with the club reads these comments and passes them on because if these feelings are replicated amongst other season ticket holders there may be a considerable drop in sales.

Never had a season ticket myself, would love to but at the minute I can’t commit to travelling down every other week plus the more local away games in between.

There are a couple of other guys I’ve seen on trains when I’ve been to a game from around here in the Yorkshire area too, but no idea if they have season tickets or not, or if they post on here.

I will get one. It’s sad to say that I think that this season will be the very last one that I will be able to go with my Dad because of his dementia. I had hoped that this season would be the one that I could have shared with him for one last time where we actually were successful and managed to get promotion. There hasn’t been that many moments of joy and jubilation over the past 46 years that we have gone and seen Walsall together, but then there are still those few special memories that I have. :cry:

16 Likes

Unfortunately yes ill renew

I live in London and make very few home games (especially when they’re all cancelled over Christmas!) but bought a season ticket this year to help the club after the pandemic and because I was excited by MT’s appointment and the positivity around the club.

I don’t think I’ll buy one again next season unfortunately.

2 Likes

Not for me will go to odd game don’t enjoy going as much as I did as I have no confidence in the team or club to change things around at the moment.

It’s a definite no from me.

Before this season, I hadn’t had a season ticket since the season before we had the decent go at promotion under Smith / Whitney. I still remember the exact moment I knew I wasn’t getting one the next season, when 2 of our players ran into each other when waiting for a high ball to drop, v Yeovil on a snowy Tuesday night. I’ve been desperate to be proved that this was the wrong decision since, and I never have.

I got one this season to help my Dad out, as I couldn’t have him going by his 75-year old self, and in the vain hope that things couldn’t get any worse than they have seemingly been. After the debacle of the first game (off the pitch rather than on it), and the disappointment of the late equaliser against Scunny, i’ve rrgretted it ever since. I’ve missed 2 matches so far, and it’s an achievement that I haven’t missed more.

I don’t expect much, but when the basics are so badly lacking both on and off the pitch at times, I can’t justify wasting my time and money in the hope that things may improve.

6 Likes

No you’re right. But for raw entertainment is was brilliant and the first time, for a long time I lost my voice from cheering. When the equaliser went in I was dancing with strangers. That’s what I want to feel at footie.

The winning goal in extra time would have been even better. If only Millers overhead kick had gone in - I would have needed the defrib. machine.

4 Likes