Season Tickets 22/23

Whatever life throws at you watching the Saddlers is the one constant

My mantra ‘till I die’ will be tested when we go non league though

4 Likes

Probably will renew through gritted yet indifferent teeth. Mainly to see the people around me. The alleged football would put me off if anything, without thinking about my contribution to the Cypriot economy.

Even less tempted to get one now, no way does Ash Taylor play tonight for Kilmarnock if he tested positive last Saturday.

Lied to again by the club. F**k the lot of them. Pomlett, Mole and Gamble especially.

7 Likes

I came to that conclusion a while back :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: but welcome to the F**k the piss takers club :+1: :wink:

1 Like

I’m proper bored of them. LP is a fraud. He bounced on the euphoria of Bonser’s departure. We had hope which has quickly eroded. He has done nothing for us, apart from being a nice bloke. His more recent ramblings are awful and irritating.

1 Like

Apologies chunk, I forgot to inform you I joined the club years ago, just go to a couple of games per season, I will not return as a regular until all the dross has gone ie Gamble, Mole , Whalley, Bond, etc. utter amateurs.

1 Like

Could be Ash Taylor that lied to the club to be fair

There seems to be a lot of lying going on in this country at the moment.

Need a lie-down? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Balls they all test the day before the game… it’s a lie!

Still in the undecided bracket at the moment , will depend on what the club do from now till the summer performance wise and signings wise

In not renewing the club is toxic to the core we have no ambition you can see now why Darrell Clarke left for vale

You’re right , as much as I hate DC and the way he conducted himself he obviously felt he would never get the backing he needed to push on , you only have to look at when Dickie Dosh said he would make his decision about his future at the club after a meeting with the board to see if their ambition matched his , and that outcome was the last time I had a break in buying my season ticket due to the lack of ambition by the club as it happens.

DC is no doubt getting more helping hands at Fail with his DOF, but more importantly he is being backed financially by their board, you only have to look at their signings .

2 Likes

The most depressing thing about the DC saga is it was all so predictable. I said at the time as a cautionary note when everyone was celebrating his exit, don’t be surprised if he goes there, gets the backing required and has them at the top end of the league and we are 6 months into putting pressure on a another manager. And low and behold…its exactly what has happened.

I wish I could find the post, not to say “I told you so” but just show how predictable this all is when we stop with the ‘lets just see what happens this time’ nonsense. Because its all so depressingly predictable.

5 Likes

It’s not the managers…

5 Likes

Should I say “Soccernomics” at this juncture?

Been saying it for years…

1 Like

Still it’s a good read. Think Simon Kuper’s gone off the boil a bit since then though.

1 Like

There’s a lot of revisionism about DCs time because he’s gone to Vale and done alright (when taking into account what has been spent).

He knew the budget when he came in, he did nothing but talk shit about other clubs and how we do things right, he wasted money on his mates, he brought, no other word, terrible players to the club, he changed formation every week, he dropped people at random. None of that is on the board who also have their faults.

I never at any point said Darrell Clarke was a bad manager. In fact, he’s so switched on he realised how badly he’d f***ed up his own choices and jumped ship.

13 Likes

Perhaps because they were his mates they were prepared to pay for less money. Just a thought.