Sheffield Wednesday (H) EFL Cup, Saturday Sep 5th, 2.15pm

How does this fit in as regards what you can or can’t see?

“Please note, for UK users, matches within the blocked hours of 14.45-17.15 on Saturday afternoons will be blacked out and not available on iFollow. Fixtures taking place on Bank Holidays or Easter will be made available on a game-by-game basis.”

Of course, these time restrictions do not affect me. And I used to only pay £5 a game. Could be more this season. I notice the season pass is £140 now (up from £110), and there are monthly passes for £20. (If you are overseas, I assume? Difficult to tell.)

Think that’s a leftover from previous seasons - all different with Covid about and no fans in stadiums.

I’ll just repeat my earlier link to the Next Match in the iFollow section of the OS - showing as Sheff Wed with video passes available for purchase.

https://www.saddlers.co.uk/matches/fixtures/first-team/202021/september/walsall-vs-sheffield-wednesday-on-05-sep-20/

Received this yesterday (personal details redacted)

Dear Belph

Congratulations on becoming a Video Season Pass member, we hope you enjoy your access to exclusive club content.

Your payment confirmation and subscription details are below - to update any information, please visit your My Account page.

Thanks

— MEMBERSHIP INFORMATION —

Customer Name:
Customer Address:

Purchase ID:
Membership: Video Season Pass

Sub total: €138.33
Tax: €27.67
Total: €166.00

Payment Method:
Billing Date:

This payment will show up on your statement as EFL Digital Limited.

I’ve been expecting something to come out so us ST holders don’t have to pay an extra £10 per game while we’re locked out, but I may have shot myself in the foot if they were doing it yesterday.

I have the Walsall version of the app on my mobile which gas the club badge as its icon. Tried opening it on Monday but said I needed to upgrade. Clicking cancel just shut the app so clicked the upgrade option - and it installed a new app with the vanilla EFL logo as the icon. On opening, it was linked to Albion not Walsall (I had downloaded their app and created a separate account with them when my mate gave me his spare ST code for their restart games).

Anyway, I wrote to them asking what was going on, and got a reply basically telling me it was my own.fault - more or less “we did tell you so it was up to you to have sorted it yourself”.

Wasn’t very happy with that so sent them the reply below - not received a further reply yet or my free season video pass (and may possibly now not get it :rofl:):

"
Thank you for replying, however there appears to be some rather large gaps in your customer support.

For a start, no I have not been sent an e-mail telling me that I would not be able to use the same e-mail address for multiple accounts from 25/08/20, and in fact the FAQ on you very own website still says that you can (a new account needed for each but can use the same address multiple times). Plus this was supported previously so it’s a retrograde step (as is no longer having a personalised version of the app with each club having their own logo as the icon).

The only e-mail remotely like that was telling me that WBA would no longer be available via your platform from August as they would be moving to a different one (I don’t blame them to be honest!)

Hopefully fans will be allowed back into stadiums soon and we won’t have to rely on such a 2-bit service any more.

Please associate my e-mail address with WFC not WBA.

Regards,

A very disgruntled customer who is only using you because there is no other option or else you wouldn’t see me for dust. When is your franchise up so we can lobby the EFL to use another supplier?
"

1 Like

Cess pit service for a captive audience. Nothing but money-grubbers.

I will be purchasing a £10 day ticket from sky sports for the Wednesday game, as for the rest of the season i don’t know? i would happily pay for the ifollow games but after seasons of shocking service, and the fact that they just don’t seem to care one way or another i just don’t know what to do?

Get yourself to Kenny’s in Stafford

1 Like

Save yourself a tenner mate, they will probably show it on this site for free. :+1:
http://www.hesgoal.com/

1 Like

Have the season ticket holders been given free ifollow access?
I haven’t received anything to say how to log on etc??

Neither have I ?
I’m sure I read somewhere that the club were giving ST holders free home games on Ifollow

Think in last interview I saw on you tube with LP he said that this game wont be on iFollow.

It’s free home LEAGUE games only.
Cup games are not included.
You have to watch this one on Sky.

The Next Match on the club’s iFollow page no longer has the option to purchase a video match pass for the Wednesday game. What that means for anyone who has already purchased one (as it was there for several days and was all set up to take your money) I don’t know - yet another example of their shoddy offering.

However, the reason it’s not on there would appear to be because it’s on Sky rather than iFollow not doing the Carabao games at all - or at least that’s what Bolton, Coventry, and a few others are telling their fans (for example https://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/2020/august/carabao-cup-tie-available-on-ifollow/).

I’ll be watching here

http://livetv.sx/enx/eventinfo/969190_walsall_sheffield_wednesday/

I know livetv.sx doesn’t usually work in the UK, but it works fine for me and Cat3 in HK, though dodging the ads is an art in itself.

And it does mean you will be able to find the game somewhere on t’internet.

This is the message i get when trying to access it :grin:

http://blocked.nb.sky.com/?livetv.sx

1 Like

This is what I get

Perhaps you need a VPN?:roll_eyes:

I have one now, i sometimes reside in Belgium :smile:

2 Likes

On your Belgian forum, no doubt…

1 Like

This is the only one for me @simon, i am now a one forum man :grin:

1 Like