ST Renewals for 22/23

Out of interest how long have those saying no had a season ticket?

1 Like

On and off since the early 80s. Had a bit of a break when I had my children as I couldn’t afford it then but had one for a number of years now.

1 Like

I’ll be renewing my two seats

2 Likes

Obviously paying around £500K per annum to the Leech or £15 Million to date is a financial burden that has been a millstone for the Club. Paid on time every time of course because of those he installed to make sure of that.
Reuniting the Club with the freehold is a step forward from a Balance Sheet perspective I accept and feels more comfortable.
Funding a long term Loan to make that happen during a time when interest rates have never been as low and backed by valuable real estate near the M6 doesn’t take a Corporate Finance guru to make it happen either.
But it hasn’t happened has it?
At the moment it is another broken promise before the candle burns out completely.
I understand your view on funding a quality football squad. At the moment I have little faith that we have the skills to spend it wisely anyway and funding a quality squad has always been why fans have parted with their hard earned cash year after year.
But sometimes patience runs out and a sea change is needed to ensure massive change happens as otherwise we will be saying exactly the same in 12 months time.
I respect your view but the fan power lies with us over the next few weeks to dent their cosy view that we will all stump up the cash like every other year.
At present I would like to keep this bargaining tool and give it to ISSA on our behalf if they choose to use it,

I think I’ll pick and choose my games (which will be few and far between the way things are going) unless there is a great urge from the little one to carry on attending.

Some drastic changes within the whole football club need to happen, as the decline doesn’t seem to be slowing down. I’m just sad that my first season ticket with my little one is so negative, especially after initially being optimistic in June/early July.

1 Like

Do/Did they ever announce how many half season tickets were sold in December? You barely ever hear them mentioned.

Thanks for that.At the time my screen was showing 25 not renewing. It is up to date now.

Question for the WPM @Dhforever :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Well, they were selling on the back of our last wins in the league, on 24 November, away at Fail, and 12 December, when we put 3 past Colchester at home. Must’ve been a few.

1 Like

But it isn’t a broken promise yet is it? LP said it would take time and I think we should give him that time. However It would certainly help if he gave us the timescale he was working to and you will note I have asked elsewhere for more clarity.
The acquisition of the freehold is the only way you and others will get the change you want as it makes the club much more saleable.One other point ISSA are not representative of all fans .They have done some good stuff but there are many fans who are not Members.

1 Like

I have voted no, but very much look forward to being called a glory hunter when the third option below comes to pass!

If we get relegated, no I won’t renew.

If we retain our 4th Division status, no I won’t renew.

If we get promoted, yes, I will renew!!!

1 Like

A glory hunter and supporting Walsall doesn’t quite go together.

1 Like

It was a no on the previous one, and still a no now. If anything, it’s an even firmer no.

True.
I was a believer (no Monkees jokes please) but as every Pomcast goes by and the statements get ever more unbelievable it stretches my hope that change will come from the top.
It sounds like change is not what you want? If that’s so you are of course entitled to that view.
Change at the boardroom fuelled by the desire of the majority of the fans will only happen if the old boys club get rattled.
Change will not come about if I don’t renew as an individual because they will not notice it and they couldn’t care because they don’t even have a modern database of their”customers” where the marketing direction and control and information allows them to manage and statistically look after their customers. They won’t know that we have renewed for xx years and suddenly haven’t done so. As usual they are 25 years behind what professional businesses have been doing on that front.
The old boy network has never operated at a senior level in the private sector (check it out) and the winds of change need to blow up their rear ends until it hurts.
Change however could come about when 1000 agree not to renew. The effect on cash flow planning would be brutal and I mean brutal.
Change comes about when a quality fan Group (ISSA) who operate on high quality terms of reference wave the flag on behalf of the fans and express their views.
You really should look at the ISSA website. I am a recent Member and many on this Forum are as well.
Looking this morning the snap poll that Rob Harvey set up indicates that only 25% intend to renew. This Forum includes some of the most loyal and long serving supporters of the Club imo. Does that not say something about how most of us feel?
If the SLO is monitoring that on his Steam driven Commodore 64 then even he might spill his Horlicks.

2 Likes

Well put mate, :+1:

Ok I will get one in first.
Last Train to Darryl Clarksville?

I put this in the wrong thread earlier…

Frustrated as I am, I’ve put yes on the basis that I’ve worked so hard to get my nephew in to following Walsall that I don’t want to give up on it yet. Though I am feeling guilty on what I’ve done to the lad - when I starting going to games it was the 97/98 season so for a fair few years it was exciting times. Whereas he’s had to endure the steady decline of the past 4 seasons but somehow he’s really caught the Saddlers bug.

For the people who are are undecided or have put no, what, if anything, could the Club do between now and the early bird window to change your mind? Or is it too little too late?

You won’t be accused of being one of those very often in your life then???

The Board just doesn’t get it, do they. One of the most enjoyable season’s I can remember was the 1997/98 season under Jan Sorrenson. Our end league position was very poor, about18th or 19th I think, but god that was such a good season to watch us play. 4th round of the cup against Man utd, area final of the Johnstone Paint or what ever it was called back then, we had Roger Boli, Peron, Johny Hodge, Mountfield.at the back, some of the best goals I have seen down the Bezza!!!

I can cope with not pushing for promotion if the football we play is good and exciting to watch and we have players who get you off your seats. We have absolutely none of that and haven’t since we finished 3rd in 2016.

6 Likes

That last bit isn’t true. For the following two seasons, we had one of the finest, most exciting players ever to play for the club, in Oztumer. Now that was entertainment.

But I agree since then, There was a brief period where Ferrier and Cook looked like they had potential, then it all went downhill.