Summer Recruitment

Beat me to it.

1 Like

I think he got a bit of unfair stick at Walsall when you consider some of the other rubbish we have had over recent years. Honest, hard working and a 10-15 goal a season striker.

Meant to be on a very big wage at Doncaster though, so not sure he will be keen to move on if he is under contract.

Troy Deeney will definitely be back up front for us next season

1 Like

The word “could” is what worries me been down that route more than once signing recovering injured players last season .should have learnt our lesson .budget not big enough to take chances on players like that .

1 Like

You didn’t see my message about him signing for Watford then :rofl:

He hasn’t gone back there

2 Likes

Yeah looks like duff info. Apologies

Going back on the building site bricklaying I’ve heard 2 grand a day

Regarding Miller these are the type of players we need to keep away from. No quality or end product but works hard. We need quality with end product.

4 Likes

I’m not saying we should go for him but he scored 12 for us didn’t he? That is hardly no end product when you consider our recent attacking options.

1 Like

Miller is going nowhere if what is reported is true 4/5 k a week on a 3,year contract.

1 Like

Miller was an awful footballer who worked very hard and run round like an headless chicken. Even poor footballers score goals.

2 Likes

Can you imagine us with both Matt and Miller up front. Christ, it would be like watching a pinball machine on grass.

3 Likes

We couldn’t match his wage demands and were never in for him sure Flynn said something along those lines last year

We did try and keep Miller last season, Offered him ÂŁ3K a week but couldnt compete with what Doncaster were offering him.

1 Like

Wow, they’ve released 10, sent 5 loan players back and have still got 19 players signed up for next season: that’s a squad of around 35 players that they had last season. I thought we were doing well with a squad of around 26. Having 19 layers already signed on should give them a head start - they only need around 6-7 players.

He was a bit hit and miss - literally! His miss against Bradford at home was one of the worst misses I’ve ever seen - a complete clusterfcuk! I still remember his brace against Mansfield on his debut though - I thought we had signed a world beater! But, he was soon found out: you’ve just got to close down the space behind the centre-halves that he likes to run into. He’s a bit limited when you do that.

2 Likes

You’d like to think with Sadler’s playing experience and Evans, Daniels and Comley all still under contract the defence shouldn’t be that far off what it produced this year even with more attacking style.

What is needed in this team to actually challenge for once? A DJ type striker here for the WHOLE season. A CM who can actually score some goals and a solid attacking full back.

Get those three signings with whatever budget is provided and there should be plenty of optimism to challenge as I don’t rate three of the sides coming down.

That tickled me :joy::joy:

1 Like

They’ll be up there, as sure as eggs is eggs

1 Like