Summer Transfer Rumours 2022

I was actually just comparing the Haynes signing Northampton Town vs Liam Gordon Walsall. They get the experienced left wing back few hundred games and well… Don’t really need to say anymore do we. Apologies if you don’t like facts

As they say in financial services, past performance is not an indication of expected future returns.

3 Likes

Unless you’ve got a crystal ball hidden up your mood hoover you have no idea who the better signing will turn out to be for their respective clubs with Haynes, or Gordon.

Future facts…mmmmmmmm

2 Likes

Arichbald goes to Leyton orient. 8 goals from the wing last season

And Northampton sign Grimsby midfielder Fox

Boateng joins Mansfield Town. 37 appearances for a League 1 side that made the play offs last season

Yawn

1 Like

I am excited.

This is has a Richard Money squad written all over it and that ended quite well.

Don’t care if we win 1-0 or 4-0 it is still 3 points.

1 Like

I really do wonder if you want us to do well or not.

I can see a (gleeful) ‘Told you so’ waiting in the wings.

1 Like

He’s got a fair point these are excellent signings being made by other clubs can’t help but feel a bit underwhelmed so far let’s hope they are saving the best till last :+1:

2 Likes

Regarding Haynes joining Northampton and us spending less after the take over how do you know what wages Haynes is on at Northampton he could be on less money than players here

That’s all I was pointing out. An update on the League 2 signings made by other clubs.

And YES I want us to do well and would take no pleasure in a ‘I told you so’ scenario

2 Likes

Also Bax and J Chambers IIRC!

1 Like

I’m with Gensanx123 on this. I also long for those heady days when our beloved club signed named player after named player. Now look at us, what went wrong?

He must have missed the Gradon, Money and Smith eras - shame

2 Likes

5 years of decline and mismanagement. If you were a “named” player would you come to Walsall after the last 5 years? It would have to be some sell or pay the premium in wages to entice them.

Last season some of us would have taken mid table and to stop the rot. The fact we improved by 1 point isn’t a ringing endorsement for a club going places. The recent change of ownership, whilst a potential step in the right direction, is also unproven. Players don’t just think Walsall have rang pass me the pen. We are probably down the pecking order of many a player and agents list of potential clubs to sign for. Hence why unfortunately most of our eggs are in Flynn’s basket this season. If he fails, change of ownership or not I would start to really worry about us.

1 Like

Hylton signing for Northampton.

1 Like

That absolutely was not the case. I predicted us to finish 11th last season and got slaughtered for being negative.

As for not being an attractive proposition, what clubs are at this level? That doesn’t make underwhelming signings look any better to me.

3 Likes

Have I missed something?
Weren’t we supposed to have signed a goalkeeper or something last night? - or did I imagine that?

At last we get to the bottom of it that the reason you’re in your current mood is because you got too excited about it and rather than seeing it for what it is (and what they said) which will need a little bit of patience and not buying the league.

Glad you don’t actually think they’re a bunch of wasters out to steal the land and run the club into the ground :handshake:

Joe Edwards reported we are close to signing Evans from Cheltenham.

Looks like it’s imminent