Summer Transfer Rumours 2022

Hope they don’t keep us in the dark for too long

1 Like

Callum Cooke from Bradford been released. He has impressed me when I’ve seen him

1 Like

I wouldn’t say no to having Richard O’Donnell back

1 Like

I wouldn’t either but I would also want another decent keeper competing with him.

1 Like

Interesting how he talks about Pep Guardiola; I wonder if we might get any young ‘uns on loan from City.

nor me. Hes a decent enough keeper, experienced. Perhaps never hit the heights i thought he would but we could do a lot lot worse.

No thanks, another one who buggered off thinking he was better than he was after we took him from the scrapheap.

Didn’t he claim he wanted to be closer to his home in Chesterfield or summat, and then went to Wigan?

O’Donnell is a quality keeper at league 2 level.
He was quality for us in league 1
It didn’t work for him like it did etheridge but if we can get him back for a decent wage we’d be stupid not to imo

3 Likes

Stockport linked to Miller as well as Bradford now

Not fussed about Miller, so much so that I’d rather him join a league rival than come back to us. Needs 20 chances to score 1. I’ll miss his work rate but that’s about it.

2 Likes

I agree to a degree but Millers weakness is his finish. Very hard to perfect. You’ve either got it or you haven’t (to a degree). Not sure you can coach that into a player of his age.

Mark Hughes, or no Hughes.

And Exeter apparently….

1 Like

Bradford, Exeter and Stockport. He must have a good agent!

Given that Telford is available, I know who I’d prefer.

2 Likes

They’re welcome to him he works hard but I’d be horrified if we started next season with him as our main striker we need a target man and a finisher at this level to do well he’s neither.Exeter thought Phillips was worth signing we moaned about him but he’s done even less there

1 Like

Unless he’s already signed a deal with his former manager and assistant…

2 Likes

I don’t disagree, maybe the likes of Exeter, Stockport and Bradford are looking at his work rate and feel he could be a good foil for there main striker. Stockport are probably seeing him as a squad player!

1 Like

Agreed as long as your centre half doesn’t have a day like that Mansfield bloke did you’ll be fine I do have a feeling though that if he did ever score against us it would be a subdued celebration he seems that type of lad.

An interesting one Miller. He is definitely awkward when you watch him play, his touch is poor most of the time and he does seem to do his best to miss chances that seem easier to score.

I read on here a lot of people post on here that we needed a striker like Andy Cook, his record this season is very similar to Miller.

Cook slightly edges is but isn’t he their penalty taker?

Anyway, I’m not sure about Miller either but I am sure we are capable of signing much worse. If clubs like Stockport are in for him then he isn’t signing for us anyway.

5 Likes

I think Miller would do better playing alongside a big, traditional sort of centre forward. Whilst here, and playing on his own upfront he mainly relied on a defenders mistake, or a lucky bounce to get him in behind the defence. With a big guy to lay and flick the ball off to him at the right pace and angle I think he could use his speed more effectively. As Scooby points out well, he was effective against Mansfield thanks to their awful defending, but against other teams the long, aimless punts he was supplied with from his teammates were gobbled up in the main by the opposing centre halves.

9 Likes

Miller had a very good start due to opposition defenders pushing right up as we had started the season playing unsuccessfully from the back and a high press defeated us quite easily so a ball over the top and miller caused havoc. It didn’t take long for teams to just drop deep and mop up the long balls that started instead.

Miller needs to learn to play with his back to goal, hold the ball up and bring others into play or get a foul similar to what Bradshaw and Macken could do. I really like Miller and if he was fairly cheap I would sign him but I wouldn’t be breaking the bank for what is a fairly one dimensional striker who needs a fair amount of coaching to become a decent league two/one striker. I’m not sure a target man like Cook would solve this although he was better in a two playing alongside Wilko I thought.

6 Likes