Summer Transfer Rumours 2022

Shade was at last years open training session in July before he got officially announced as a signing. Maybe same situation again tomorrow?

Donā€™t think itā€™s been mentioned but Flynn stated last night that the club didnā€™t offer George Miller a contract. Said he might have done if heā€™d have ā€˜known what he knows nowā€™ (5 goals in pre-season) but also acknowledged that GM was on a decent salary at Barnsley.

1 Like

I know. I announced him :smiley::smiley::smiley:

1 Like

Watched an interesting video interview with donny assistant steve Eyre about George miller this pre season and a couple of comments made me think that maybe we didnā€™t quite play him right to get the best of him.

We certainly didnā€™t. Most of last season he was left up front on his own with nothing but long hopeful balls to chase, and yes he did miss a couple of sitters, but he worked hard and needed much more support than he was given. I wouldnā€™t be at all surprised if he gets 20+ goals this season, but we wasted him.

7 Likes

With Gamble saying last night that he was after two deals, what position are we thinking the second player is?

Centre half? Defender that can play Centre Half and Left Back? Someone like a Zak Jules on loan?

2 Likes

Walsall fan tv seem to think its another striker gotta be a loan if thats right?

Where is Jules these days?

MK Dons, their fans donā€™t rate him at all.

They loaned him out in January to Fleetwood, so doubt heā€™s in their plans for this season either.

2 Likes

With Jules versatility he would be ideal.

1 Like

If we could Iā€™d re-sign Jules in a heatbeat.

2 Likes

Jules would be ideal, can cover the wing back and the centre back role. However I suspect it will be a loan move for a youngster.

Agreed. I always felt he was one of those strikers that needed a few chances to score. Last season heā€™d have one chance per game, if that. He was much better when paired up top with Wilkinson

1 Like

If Gamble was sorting out 2 signings and one of them was Timmy. Would it make sense that the other is the other trialist, Mukuna?

Something tells me that Jules may not be Flynnā€™s type of player. He looked great for us but clearly something went wrong at MK.

1 Like

Iā€™d expect that Jules would only be interested in being first choice wherever he ends up. I canā€™t see him being happy to do the Zac Mills role.

1 Like

Pretty sure his attitude was called into question by DC a few times. Might be wrong though.

1 Like

Sounds familiar. Always felt DC underutilised him only to moan when he was sold.

8 Likes

Surely weā€™re going to end up with the young Villa LB who played against us in the friendly.

No issues with relocation, loads of energy and wonā€™t cost a lotā€¦

From what Iā€™ve seen of Mukuna he looks miles off it. Doesnā€™t deserve a contract imo

1 Like