Summer Transfer Rumours 2022

Y’all having a Blast with these puns

Will it be a new front ?

I tell you something, some people on here are full of hot air

Probably more likely to sign Father Xmas but Raymond Briggs has been linked…

Left wing.

On a serious note, Vashon Neufville might be worth a punt.

Good pedigree at youth level, left back, played under Flynn at Newport.

1 Like

Deal is off, he just died. :cry:

@Exile Oh crikey!
I was just doing a stupid pun about ‘When the Wind Blows’.

Loved his picture books as a kid.

Genuinely gutted :cry:

I got the reference. He’s only just shuffled off this mortal coil, so your post was purely coincidental. I just referenced it to comment on the death of such an extraordinary man.

1 Like

Agreed. For me, Xmas wouldn’t be the same without watching ‘Elf’ for my lad and ‘ The Snowman’ for me. I can see a few parallels and even if it doesn’t hold the same resonance for the younger generation, his impact as a serious artist that didn’t patronise or dumb down messages to his audience should not be under stated.

Here’s hoping that Sue Narmy gets through today unscathed! @Exile

Maybe she should steer clear of walking under any ladders…

2 Likes

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/walsall-fc/2022/08/09/leigh-pomlett-walsall-could-still-make-one-or-two-more-signings/

Maybe more than just the 1 extra signing that MF spoke of in Newport post-match interview?

And LP implicitly confirms that the 4 signings he said we were making did actually happen - so that must include the “game changer”. Doesn’t say if they were the ones announced soon after that statement or if those took a bit of time to complete - although he was saying he thought they were more or less already over the line and ready be announced right then.

McEntee was one of the four - I believe Flynn rates him quite highly. I’d assume Riley and Clarke were also part of the four (and one of those the game changer).

I think Flynn is looking to build for the future as well as building for the present.

1 Like

For the present, I’m satisfied Clarke IS a game changer. The man is absolutely immense and has potential to hold legend status even if it means a seasons swansong that gets us back to league 1 (Division 3 in old money)
Time will tell if Riley and McEntee are also game changers, I can’t wait to find out though!

9 Likes

Clarke is our key player so far
Not ability wise even though he is good but having a proper leader a proper organiser a proper communicator.
Just watch him without the ball he is incredible

6 Likes

Many seemed very disappointed (myself included) when we thought Clarke was the game changer LP was referring to but in many ways he could prove to be the difference this season. I do think the disappointment came due to the game changer not being a proven goal scorer at their peak, not due to Clarke’s ability or more importantly his experience. Personally my game changer/s so far are Trivela, Poundland and Flynn. I mean we have strength in depth (with a larger than normal injury list), a great start to the season and still looking to sign more players. Just feels so different.

10 Likes

I will admit I used to hate Clarke as an opposition player against. Would get in the refs face at times and would mix it. He brings so many attributes to the table, it was an excellent and clever signing from Flynn.

1 Like

Any whispers out there on who we are interested in / might try to sign in the next couple of weeks?

I know MF said he was looking to get 1 or 2 more signings in.

I don’t think there is anyone specific, just that they’re open to it if the right person is available

1 Like

Be a good signing for someone.

https://twitter.com/FansBet/status/1560535288480518144?t=aj7riamqY9Yv97mwEnItXg&s=19

He’ll go to a top end League One club or lower Championship team.