Team for next season

No. Really no. Really really no.

1 Like

What more do you want from Osadebe then?. He’s been absolute class in the last few weeks. I’m losing count of his number of assists. The reason why players like him have such a value is he can do what others can’t. Wouldn’t be at all surprised to see him end up at say a Crystal Palace something like that in a couple of years.

As the fans now sing. Da da da. Emmanuel Osadebe Da da da Emmanuel Osadebe

He said once he wants to ‘feel the love’ of the fans. I think the fans are now showing their love and Osadebe is giving some back.

1 Like

@geordiesaddler want to stake the £500 you told me you wanted with me on this? Remember, you told me you’d bet me £500 that you wouldn’t post in SOT until February 2023, but 8 days later carried on? Good job I didn’t take you up on that isn’t it!

He’s been Shite for 18 months, but his upturn in form is very welcome and I hope it continues.

Think he’s still a fair way off the Premier league mind.

1 Like

I agree he has been shite. But he’s been outstanding in the last month or so. If he carries on developing the way he is particulary with his assists etc he won’t be playing for Walsall

I think he might be one of the players who might be targeted by other clubs. He has never been as bad as people say - just part of the general malaise - and he probably is not going to be as good as he has been recently but he almost always makes things happen. He has pace, strength when he chooses and quite a bit of skill.

On Holden, we should only write him off if he has not recovered fitness. Why would we want to give away a good player if he is able to play? I should have thought a shortish contract is the way forward, to show faith.

3 Likes

I think that’s spot on. 100 pct other clubs would want him. On his game he’s a big threat and you can coach hard work, tracking back etc. What you can’t coach is skill and ability and he has that

Premier League? Nope. I know he can do what others can’t, but it is a fourth league level. And age is against him. He can be handful, but he needs to show it more regularly.

Do is from the start of the season rather than towards the end and contract time.

1 Like

I think people are passing comment on a different Osadebe to the one I know.

2 Likes

Oss is way to inconsistent to be above league 2 level.
His had maximum 10 good games since his been here with most of them in the last month
Also why the hell has he been bothered for Flynn but not Clarke Dutton or taylor? What does that say about his character?
I’d bet money that we keep him next year and he goes back to his normal self when he is safely under contract
I hope he keeps the form up for walsalls sake but I can’t forgive year after year of being abysmal because he is suddenly arsed for a month.
A few good games and his years of abysmal play are forgiven, oh how football fans are a funny bunch

Osadebe has bucket loads of natural talent, which as @Gensanx123 says you can’t coach into a player if it’s not there. Hugely erratic but even under MT he showed flashes and I genuinely believe he confuses defenders because he doesn’t really know what he is going to do himself until he does it. His erratic form has obviously characterised his career which is why he is with us. With proper man management, which he now has with Flynn, I think we have a real talent on our hands. The way he got the ball and just ran straight at their defender on Tuesday for his goal was awesome. Only one thing on his mind when he received that ball. Don’t think we have anyone else who is capable of that. Converting him to a wing back could just be a total masterstroke and the fact Flynn thought of it and actually pulled it off explains why he is a top lower league manager and we are just wally’s who moan on a website :grin:

6 Likes

Holden is to good a player to just let go . But we can not afford in our budget to pay good wages on injury prone players.
I would hope that maybe a pay as you play deal could be sorted until he has proved he can get over this injury. I wish him all the best because if he does get back to 100% percent it will show how hard he has worked for it.

Top post. Ur right. U cant coach talent and ability. I think we’ve got a huge talent on our hands. But he has to do it not just at contract renewal time etc. I certainly wouldnt like to see the league table with his input removed!

Isn’t it funny how a good 6-7 games totally changes peoples opinions on a player. Last season Sam Perry was amazing, now people want to let him to. Osadebe has been a scapegoat of many, but now most want him to re-sign and think he may be worth millions! The Rollin permanent signing was lauded less than two months ago as well.

I think Ward may be kept on with the coaching staff and Sadler will retire from playing. With regards to the rest of the team, I trust wholeheartedly in Flynn and Hatsworth and am excited to see what we can do this summer.

Fair enough, when he signs for Premier League Crystal Palace for several million quid you will be entitled to come on here and say “told you so” to me.

1 Like

Probably just after he has banged in a couple against Northwich Victoria in Pre-season :wink:

1 Like

See what happens with him. He can be whatever he wants to be. His problem will not be one of skill and ability but one of hard work, attitude etc.

Osadebe Premier League. :rofl:

It definitely is an issue of skill & ability - nowhere near that level and that’s without question marks over his attitude/application. Way, way better players than him struggle at that level.

Fair play to him for an upturn in form and long may it continue but that is just silly.

:sob::sob::sob::sob::sob: