Thank you, Liam Kinsella

Comley, a better player?!:joy:

Your opinion of Kinsella that low you’ll give literally anyone more credit??

3 Likes

:man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming: not reading the room well at all.

What a shame that a thread for a fantastic servant to our club descends into the same old regarding Kinsella.

No matter what anyone thinks of him as a player, you can’t begrudge he has given his all to the club and for that this thread should echo that, nothing more.

13 Likes

Here, here. Let’s have 1 complimentary and positive thread, just for once. Do us all the world of good :wink:

6 Likes

Classy statement from a really good bloke who gave his all.

I take no pleasure in any proper Saddler leaving us but that time had come and it feels the right time for both parties. All I can say is I hope he does well wherever he goes so long as it not against us.

He gave us everything and he cared.

5 Likes

Is is, so can we direct any such discussion here:

1 Like

Best of luck to a loyal Saddler. I’m sure Liam will do great for whoever he plays for next season.

2 Likes

He should get a testimonial and a statue outside the ground to be unveiled by Thanny. :crazy_face:

3 Likes

Next to Bonsers golden statue I’m assuming? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Always gave 100% . And would run through brick walls for the club he loves .
All the best kins .pity you couldnt have had the send off you deserved from the supporters who appreciated your commitment and efforts for the club .

3 Likes

There will be a longer queue for his services than the majority of the others. I dont care he couldnt spray the ball about like Pirlo. Others were there to do that and didnt show up. .

5 Likes

Gutted he is gone, one of the few who we knew really cared. Good luck Liam

3 Likes

This thread is to say thank you kins, for being so commited to the club. Only one thing i will say is that if you come play against us, fans will still see you as one of there own.

1 Like

The only golden statue Bonser is getting is a gnome with me pissing on it, the f***ing leech! :rofl:

JUST A THOUGHT hope Glen doesn’t mind. You’ve got to try a little kindness
Yes, show a little kindness
Just shine your light for everyone to see
And if you try a little kindness
Then you’ll overlook the blindness
Of narrow-minded people on the narrow-minded streets.

Sad to see kins go as felt he could have been a useful squad player. But obviously wants and maybe deserves more than that.

As others have said, a fantastic servant to the club (i didn’t realise it was 19 years!) and always gave 100%. Cared more than any other player in that time and got battered into walls, hoardings and all over the pitch by players twice his size but with half the heart, so thanks Liam. Always a saddlers legend and best of luck with wherever you end up :+1:

2 Likes

You can’t sign passion and love for the shirt. Kins gave us that in spade loads. The days of having a connection with players are long gone, Kins had that connection. As @Blazing_Saddler said if even a few of the rabble we have had in last few years cared as much as Kins did we probably wouldn’t be in this mess. Good luck Liam and thanks for your commitment :sparkling_heart:

3 Likes

Class act will be a star at another club who play to his strengths

2 Likes

Top bloke who tried really hard for a team and club in continuous decline.

He’ll get fixed up somewhere I’ve no doubt. It’ll be very interesting to see whether it was his ability or the Walsall FC environment which stymied his career. Given all of our uncertainty over exactly which end of the table we shall be fighting next year it’ll be interesting to see if and how we miss him. For me a team of Kinsellas would never get promoted but it would certainly not get relegated either.

Good luck Liam and thanks for the effort.

3 Likes

The keeper might struggle with crosses.

Having slept on it, I awoke with a sort of mourning feeling - the end of an era.

I don’t buy the idea that his career had gone off the rails. Before he was injured, he was the same as ever this season. It must have been a very tough decision for Sadler to be involved with but I see it as a sign of two things. First, that he wants to play in a style unsuited to Kinsella and, second, that he respects Kinsella too much to ask him to sit on the bench all season.

As Kins himself says, it’s time for a new adventure and I have no doubt he will be snapped up, probably on a better contract by a team with high ambitions. And I hope he does well.

8 Likes