Thank you, Liam Kinsella

I’d refer back to the days when there was a genuine relationship between players and fans. Kinsella is old school on this.

5 Likes

We may well regret letting him go so easily. It is a squad game more than ever now. Be interesting to see who we bring in. I’d like to bet there will be at least one midfielder we sign that features often that isn’t any better than Kins, and definitely not as committed.

The more I think about it, I don’t think he has just been binned off without any offer. Maybe he was but the offer wasn’t acceptable in some way. Wages, contract length, promises about how much he will feature.

Anyway, all the best Liam, never once gave less than 100% and if every player that had played for us over the past 5 years had done the same we probably wouldn’t be where we are now.

16 Likes

His weaknesses on the ball we all know but I fear in the next few years we will regret this, crying out for players who give a shit.

Reap what ya sow, good luck Liam.

10 Likes

That must be very unlikely, unless he already knows where he is going.

If any of the released players had been given an offer, they would have had one calendar month in which the offer remained on the table, while they looked to see if any other clubs were interested in making a better offer.

As I see it, unless a player already knows where they are going, and that the new place is offering a better deal than the one on the table from Walsall, then they would be stupid to turn it down out of hand.

I reckon Liam had a cushty deal with us to be fair. Maybe the money ran out. But still

Comley, a better player?!:joy:

Your opinion of Kinsella that low you’ll give literally anyone more credit??

3 Likes

:man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming: not reading the room well at all.

What a shame that a thread for a fantastic servant to our club descends into the same old regarding Kinsella.

No matter what anyone thinks of him as a player, you can’t begrudge he has given his all to the club and for that this thread should echo that, nothing more.

13 Likes

Here, here. Let’s have 1 complimentary and positive thread, just for once. Do us all the world of good :wink:

6 Likes

Classy statement from a really good bloke who gave his all.

I take no pleasure in any proper Saddler leaving us but that time had come and it feels the right time for both parties. All I can say is I hope he does well wherever he goes so long as it not against us.

He gave us everything and he cared.

5 Likes

Is is, so can we direct any such discussion here:

1 Like

Best of luck to a loyal Saddler. I’m sure Liam will do great for whoever he plays for next season.

2 Likes

He should get a testimonial and a statue outside the ground to be unveiled by Thanny. :crazy_face:

3 Likes

Next to Bonsers golden statue I’m assuming? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Always gave 100% . And would run through brick walls for the club he loves .
All the best kins .pity you couldnt have had the send off you deserved from the supporters who appreciated your commitment and efforts for the club .

3 Likes

There will be a longer queue for his services than the majority of the others. I dont care he couldnt spray the ball about like Pirlo. Others were there to do that and didnt show up. .

5 Likes

Gutted he is gone, one of the few who we knew really cared. Good luck Liam

3 Likes

This thread is to say thank you kins, for being so commited to the club. Only one thing i will say is that if you come play against us, fans will still see you as one of there own.

1 Like

The only golden statue Bonser is getting is a gnome with me pissing on it, the f***ing leech! :rofl:

JUST A THOUGHT hope Glen doesn’t mind. You’ve got to try a little kindness
Yes, show a little kindness
Just shine your light for everyone to see
And if you try a little kindness
Then you’ll overlook the blindness
Of narrow-minded people on the narrow-minded streets.