The future as we know it?

Couldn’t agree more, and when you’ve got an argument maybe you’d like to share it? Only risk to me and my family is lockdown “a bit inconvenienced” you havn’t got a clue pal, don’t even go there. In fact if you want to take it to messages I’ll tell you what i’ve experienced through this scenario.

1 Like

Takes a special kind of ■■■■ to be as unsympathetic as you have been to others and also give it woe is me :rofl:

3 Likes

I was about to say … I mean having to deal with adolescent lads in shopping queues and the paperwork of a mate’s collapsed business is tiresome and frustrating. I’ve had three phonecalls informing me that friends and colleagues have died from this disease. Samsara has had to deal with the direct impact on his family. Others haven’t even related their tribulations.

But let’s all hear another tale of woe and how scyunce works from the geordiesaddler fantasy circus.
:yawning_face:

2 Likes

Why? when we share a common cause are we so horrid to each other ? :slightly_frowning_face:

3 Likes

Just pointing out hypocrisy mate, not being horrid :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Ye i know everyone has a bit of history with @geordiesaddler and i get that, he does have some outspoken views that have infuriated other posters, and as you say can be seen as hypocritical
but this pandemic has affected everyone in different ways, and i just think with what we have all been through and suffered in different ways we should all be a bit more tolerant of each other :wink:

11 Likes

Fair enough, just think when you’ve taken the ■■■■ out of others then play the woe is me card over the exact same issue you don’t deserve any sympathy.

There’s certain posters here I’ve had plenty of cross words with that I’d be more than concerned with if they went through a tough time, because you’re right it’s not that important really and we are all essentially daft football fans of the same club and we are all a community really.

But when I see you not offer that to other people you don’t deserve the benefit of the doubt anymore. You’re just a hypocrite. (Well, not you, obviously)

2 Likes

Fair enough mate, i get it and you are correct, but sometimes you just have to rise above it :wink:

1 Like

Good point, you’re absolutely correct.

1 Like

Love that, it sums up how I feel about it all.

I’d add though, peoples behaviour online is often very different from reality. If everyone just agreed with everything, there would be no forum really. There are characters, some are just downright annoying and tiresome, but they add something anyway. I don’t class georgiesaddler in that bracket by any means. I had several disagreements on here back in the day with him. They got heated, but it is what it is. I don’t know him as such, but I have been in his company by chance at several away games, and he was nothing but polite, didn’t hold any grudge for anything that has been said, and I certainly didn’t either.

This is an especially emotional subject, whatever anyone’s thoughts are. It has affected everyone, and made us question everything we thought we knew. I certainly think peoples experiences dictate their views. As Matt said above, he knows people that have died from Covid, that is bound to have a huge impact. I have been fortunate (so far) that I haven’t lost anyone, but have seen the other side, the mental health impact of lockdown and all that has come with covid. Have experienced it myself, and seen how severe the impact can be close up with several people close to me. People clash on here and other platforms all the time. We aren’t arguing about Bonsers rent, or who should play upfront now though, it’s about a life changing and life threatening situation. Would be nice if we could all show a bit more kindness, but that is life I guess.

6 Likes

Brimming with empathy as you were back on March 31st…

Woe is me?

Hypocrisy?

Did you ever get the T shirt printed?

1 Like

[quote=“chunkster, post:34, topic:5121”]
Do you think Joe Biden will win?

I do, sir.

My only concern is he’s 78, a very spritely 78, he’s whip smart and will choose good men and women to serve under him. He won’t demand loyalty or respect, he already has it. He’s a very decent human being who has served the country with distinction for decades.
Trump is behind in the polls, a lot of people are fed up with the way he conducts himself and his mis handling of things.
One of his greatest contributions is the division he’s created. America is a deeply divided country because of his policies. His aim is to cause chaos and confusion then blame others for what he’s just done. He alienates his allies and aligns himself with dictators. Russia must have some serious stuff on Trump, probably compromising photos or videos involving hired ■■■■■■, Putin has filed it under the “don’t p*** me off” category.
If Biden doesn’t win, it will be a total disaster for America.

3 Likes

And the rest of us too!

I think we will all be relieved if Trump loses but what does Biden stand for? I know he was an able VP to Obama but does he have positions on the great issues of the day e.g. Climate change ,Sino-American relations, free trade . You mention his age (he is even older than me) so his VP who is unknown over here may well play an enhanced role.

Agree :100::+1:t2:

2 Likes

I spend a lot of time following US politics (one of my favourite bits of my degree) and I like Kamala Harris even though I would naturally prefer someone even more liberal… If Biden is elected I cannot see him standing in 4 years time and barring disasters she would be favourite for the nomination…Of course the fact @WalsallOne that I like her might make you a bit doubtful :wink:.
The alternative of another 4 years of Trump though is unthinkable.

Donald Trump shaped esctasy tablets confiscated in Luton today. Don’t think that they are quite orange enough.

Not sure where the hypocrisy there is to be honest. I’ve made it pretty clear who has my sympathies (people dying) and who doesn’t (people being drama queens) but go on.

Difference between me giving it woe is me and you is I’ve never slated anybody in the position I was in. You have. Besides I wasn’t looking for sympathy, I was pointing out that unless you have any experience with this you haven’t got a clue :man_shrugging:

The day I actually send abuse to somebody about them/their family members whilst simultaneously crying about my position (like, erm, you) you can call me hypocrite :ok_hand: until then that claim is as far fetched as all your others.

Thanks for that…Ms Harris might be ok then if she isn’t left enough for you :grinning: Agree entirely on Trump… I doubt there are many in this Country who want him to win even some of my new found right wing chums ( well according to some on here!!!).

1 Like

A reply almost mindboggling in its idiocy, and also hypocrisy. Don’t you realise many thousands of people are “dying” not of covid but of the changes brought about by it? 20,000 of those that died of covid were even victims of government policy as much as the virus itself. But to you, this is all just reduced to having to miss a few football games, or missing the pub for a few weeks.

Experience with what? Have you been diagnosed with Covid 19 via a test?

Maybe its your lack of “experience” with the life changing, and in many cases life terminating effects of loony lockdown that makes you so, in your own words “clueless”.

1 Like

But also have died OF Covid, you missed that off.

Of covid? Yes three deaths of people I worked with or knew.

Wouldn’t go that far, but you are certainly swayed by whatever shiny conspiracy theory passes by.

While you’re here:

What are the details of this plan? What is the end result? Can you go through the steps by which we all become the mindless automatons you have repeatedly suggested?

1. ‘Harmless’ virus emerges / released by Fauci lab in China
  2. Inexplicable deaths caused by harmless virus / cunning ruse
  3. Lockdowns and social distancing measures implemented, mask use (shock, horror) encouraged
  4. Measures relaxed as curve flattened - (hang on, how’s that got in there?)
    FILL IN THE MISSING SECTION

Number 25: Population devolves into mindless automata, stripped of freewill, democracy and beholden to the whims of ruling elite.

1 Like