The Liam Kinsella Thread

Actually, I think he would be first choice in every League 2 team, but “star player” implies creativity and that is not what he does, although, as we saw on Tuesday, his efforts can allow the more creative players to flourish. I just think you want him to be what he is not and he will always fail at that.

1 Like

I don’t disagree with most of that.

The only point I disagree with is that he would be a regular* in a top side. I just don’t think he would be. Why haven’t any sides in league one or chasing promotion in this league come in to sign him? Normally… any player with potential or ambition is not at Walsall for very long. Right?

You’ve sort of backed up my entire point in your post:

Exactly. He has stood out in very poor sides, because the bar is so low.

My point is that if that bar is risen to a promotion chasing side - I think he’s below that. I hope he proves me wrong on that opinion, and as I said above, I would love it if he did given how much heart and motivation he has for the club.

I don’t think it’s that controversial - just brutal honesty.

*changed from ‘star player’ given Laundryman’s point. I still feel same way.

On the other side of the coin, like @Bernie mentioned he has kept on continuously, by numerous managers. There have been times where he could have left on a free, but managers choose to offer him extensions.

One player doesn’t make a team, nor does on player spoil a team.

Above all I feel fans appreciate his loyalty, which in todays day and age is an extreme rarity.

1 Like

I think Kinsella would be a better player in a good team ( maybe championship) he would have less to do and more time to do it. He doesn’t get a minutes rest playing for us because we’re always giving the damn ball away.

Exactly this, he spends most his game clearing up other players errors.

Without him there’s a good chance we would have been relegated in one of the last 2 seasons.

He needs some respect on his name.

4 Likes

Again…. No one disagrees with that.

For the 78th time… I am commenting on what we need to get promoted. Not to survive, or Bob along in mid table.

I don’t get why that is controversial. It’s what the data and evidence shows.

Not sure mate, you’ve been pretty shitty towards him on a number of threads.

1 Like

Oh come on.

Saying someone is a standard league two player (or angrily saying non league standard to wind up El N) isn’t exactly being shitty is it? No one is questioning his commitment or loyalty - no one has called him names, or made derogatory comments about him.

You can go to any post of mine over the last 2/3 years and you will see I always commend his work rate and motivation. No problem at all with that.

It’s not ‘being shitty’ to suggest a footballer is not a footballer who can consistently play well in a side challenging for promotion.

You’ve continuously picked him out on most threads , ignoring the other 10 players.

Shitty mate

5 Likes

Nah, you sound like a bit of a, dare I say it… snowflake there chap. Sorry. Talking about a footballer on a football message board isn’t ‘shitty’.

I don’t pick him out - it’s just a different opinion - and he’s been here a while. I would suggest threads like this (that I have zero problem with) contribute more to that, and the reaction of others And that’s ok - this isn’t pre-school or Crash bang wallop.

You are

I don’t think I am.

Sorry.

Ah your right that’s the slightly off the topic threads :wink:

Imagine being this obsessed (and openly admitting to trolling btw).

Top satire.

Good post. Very insightful and contributes much to the discussion.

1 Like

As was your stray thrown my way :+1:t3:

Here we f***ing go again… :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Whitesnake?

3 Likes

What? Trolling going unchecked? Yeah totally agree.

Anyway on topic, Kinsella’s been unbelievable last few home games in particular. Won’t change some’s opinons, because performance doesn’t matter at this stage.

5 Likes

No, not until we are a promotion chasing team. And before you say, there are a host of other reasons that will contribute to that - but the midfield is one of the most central aspects to any teams with any desires of promotion.

Happy to be proven wrong, but I just don’t see us being a team in the top 7 with a midfield with him in it. I don’t think that’s too controversial.

The context of the last 5 years, and what we have become is key.

In the interests of balance, he’s been very good in the role he’s played in the last few games. Harrogate in particular. I just hope we see him doing that sort of ‘domination’ and controlling the game against better aides. Till now, it tends to be better performances against the sides around us.

But if he does… on a consistent basis… happy to say he’s improved and I was wrong. I would be very happy.

Context, context, context, young Padawan.

1 Like