The Liam Kinsella Thread

I couldn’t agree any more with your review there.

3 Likes

Both marmite and vegemite are minging there’s no debate to be had. :face_vomiting:

1 Like

Based on what?

I’m sorry but he is nowhere near league 1 standard. Not even close! You need more about you to compete in league one.

Five seasons playing in league one?

Well, I’ve read some things, but this… game of opinions and all that I suppose :man_shrugging:t2:

I personally like Kinsella and think he deserves his place in the team. Kinsella has a job to do and I think he does it well.

He’s not there to set up attacks, score goals, dominate play. He’s there to stop the opposition dominating play, be a nuisance, and as a player who is top of the stats for tackles and interceptions then I’d say if anything he’s one of the few actually doing his job.

7 Likes

Can anyone care to explain why clubs in league one and above aren’t queuing up to sign him?

Any player we have had that’s got potential - moves on and is sold.

He’s an average L2 footballer - that’s exactly where he is playing now.

His time in L1 was spent in a struggling side that ultimately got relegated.

Have we ever had a Walsall 11 with Kinsella in midfield that has been a top side (in any division?)… no.

I don’t think it’s outrageous to suggest that we need better players in key positions (like midfield and up front) in order to compete and get out of this awful league.

1 Like

He’s played 69 times in league one, 116 times in league two - and since his breakthrough we’ve been on a constant decline.

Just because someone has played at a level it doesn’t make them good enough to play there. That’s literally evident in our current squad. Since he’s been a regular we’ve been shit. Again - there are many reasons bigger than Kinsella for our decline, but he has been ever present.

To suggest he’s good enough for league one is ludicrous. He’s too limited.

I nearly spat my marmite sandwich out when I read that he was good enough for league one. :sandwich:

1 Like

Because most clubs are willing to spend the money that buys you a better player… we aren’t

I thought we had established that?

I said why aren’t other clubs queuing up to sign Kinsella…

Thought he was non-league. Make yer mind up.

1 Like

Same thing :wink::grin:

He didn’t play all those years as a Cm at that level, Whitney was playing him at right back and Keates at start of his tenure kept him there.

He only played week in week out as CM from 18/19…

2 Likes

Kinsella does give his all. But like alot have said team, really hasnt any punch in the midfield. I think time he left as he doent give anything to motivate team going forward.

Sorry to those who rate him

1 Like

When it suits your argument… :wink: :grin:

1 Like

You never know with players sometimes. I’d have said Dan Scarr was non league after watching his 18 months here and he is starting yet again for Plymouth v Ipswich in top of league 1 clash.

With Joe Edwards aswell two of the relegated 18/19 line up who are starters in consistent top 6/7 down in Devon.

Perhaps someone like Oxford will pick up Kinsella and he’ll look really good for them.

Just to show a bit of balance… I actually think he would work much much better in a 433 which is a high press energetic side - then he would be great in that sort of setup.

However… we couldn’t be further from that sort of side, and I’m convinced only really elite level teams/players can play that way and be successful.

The type or football we seem to play is deep and passing through the thirds… well, we sort of started like that. What’s happened now is a complete lack of confidence and we have resorted to channel ball.

1 Like

Plymouth leading now…so much potential down there especially with the support they regularly pull in. Could well be the surprise promotion from league 1 this year and good luck to them.

His best role is coming on in the 65th minute to play in front of the defence to protect and see out our two goal advantage.

I dont think I will ever see him play that role.

2 Likes

That is because until the start of 18/19 we had Adam Chambers. Once Chambers retired Kinsella took over his position, and did so very successfully.

So successfully that Kinsella was playing centre midfield when he was voted:
Players’ Player of the Year 2020/21,
Supporters’ Player of the Year 2020/21
Supporters’ Player of the Year 2021/22.

So not only is he highly regarded by six successive managers, but also by his fellow players and by the majority of regular spectators.

This thread is nothing other than an internet pile-on.

6 Likes