The Liam Kinsella Thread

Agree, but social media is what it is. I’d hope the club teach resilience to the players so they know that extreme negative comments represent a very small minority of fan opinions.

I rate kinsella a lot more when he plays like he did yesterday. Which looking back is how he plays every game anyway I just noticed it a lot more when he was higher up the pitch and had more technical players along side him.
Playing along side Maddox seemed to give kinsella more freedom and more belief in his own ability on the ball.
Maybe kinsella feels Comley stifles his play or the team doesn’t trust Comley enough when he plays so kinsella feels the need to play deeper and cover for him?

Agree with this it’s absolute nonsense from the experts.

1 Like

I can’t see any value in threads like this.

He is a good lad who loves and gives his all for our football club. Before someone pipes up saying ‘So would I, but I’m pants etc’ - he’s a good League Two, solid League One player.

He genuinely loves our club and works tirelessly day in - day out, as such he has plenty of credit in the bank for me.

He has never been, and will never be, ‘the issue’ at Walsall. We need more Kinsella’s if you ask me.

Up the Kins.

22 Likes

I just love the effort he puts in, he never shy’s away from a tackle

3 Likes

I think his problem this season has been playing with Comley Liam is much the better of the two for me and should be in the 11 first.

6 Likes

The Harrogate manager picked out one Walsall player last night.

“Kinsella in midfield was absolutely fantastic. and ran the show in terms of second balls and although not the biggest lad he did not half show his desire.”

18 Likes

Amazing the haters won’t mention this.

4 Likes

Did he also say “but he would be even better at right back?” :laughing:

7 Likes

Not sure if it’s been mentioned but looking back at the Harrogate goals; Kinsella obviously won the penalty, Kinsella won the ball back for the second and Kinsella won the ball back for the third. He gets zero assists for this, so must try harder to influence attacking play. :wink:

9 Likes

I shall bite :smile:

If he plays in such a way against a Salford, Bradford, Leyton Orient, Stevenage or a Swindon - then I shall put my hands up and admit I was wrong.

However… I have not seen him dominate an opposition midfield like he did on Tuesday night (and also the Hartlepool game). This was against terrible opposition (surely we would all agree that?).

I hope we play the same way against better sides. I just really don’t see it.

1 Like

I have always been sceptical of so-called “assists”. You can have player A who beats six men and cuts it back to player B who mishits it in front of an open goal but player C scores - player B gets the assist. And should it not always be an assist if you are fouled for a penalty?

It used to be providing the same player didn’t score the penalty. Doesn’t seem to be the case anymore though. I must be honest I don’t think I actually know a lot of the rules in football anymore. I am still trying to get my head around how Spurs goal last night was disallowed for offside, it appears I don’t know the laws.

They’ve developed a metric ‘Expected Threat’ to deal with the example you gave. Some interesting articles below.

Interesting to see the number of likes that messages critising Kins gets as opposed to those praising him.
The praiser’s win by a country mile.

5 Likes

If we’re to use that method to gauge the rest of the squad , then I’d guess you’d have to conclude not a single one of them is good enough.

Liam seems to have a real high bar set for him vs others.

3 Likes

If he wins the penalty, then that counts as an assist for him.

I’ve said the same about others too. I think there are some good players in the squad - but not many who would get in the top 7’s first 11 really.

I think there is probably just DJ who would. I don’t think any one else would, to be honest.

1 Like

I’d absolutely love for him to get a winning goal at the home end. I don’t think anyone would know what to do. :joy:

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy::joy:

I think I’d keel over.

2 Likes