The Official Transfer Rumours Thread 2019 summer edition

Patience brethren. I’m confident that things are happening behind the scenes and that signings will be forthcoming over the next two and a bit weeks.

Yep i have heard that Mcdonalds on the retail park have had notices put in by at least 6 of their staff :rofl::wink:

How do we sell season tickets with this current side? I agree, we ain’t going anywhere but we need to show some intention, surely?

1 Like

I was thinking that if we made some real impact signings next season then it would in itself sell season tickets, rather than blow the money now on mediocre signings on long deals,because if we do and it doesn’t work and we end up at the bottom of the league at the end of the season it will have been for nothing? just think if we buy now it’s a gamble we don’t realy need to take.unless we can get somone in on 6 month deals and if it works then resign them and if not they can be got rid of easily.

Most season tickets are sold during the ‘early bird’ period, March time. With that you need to show something to believe in.

1 Like

But even with the appointment of DC and the rebuilding of the team at the start of THIS season it didn’t inspire many to buy early bird tickets, it was only when LP took over and gave his call to arms speach that it inspired fans to buy more. And i bet a few of those are feeling short changed at the moment.

All quiet at the Banks’s’s’s…

1 Like

Jeef Boners ‘insider’ must have been given the push for breaching confidentiality policy.

4 Likes

The sad thing is we are 11pts off the playoffs and also 11pts off 3rd place with 19 games to play, 2/3 decent signings now would at least give us a shot at scraping in and also build for next season.

As many have mentioned, going into next season with an established squad enabling a decent pre season and stability would be huge.

Moreover, we need some excitement, some fun to build positive momentum.

Problem is we’ve paid Bonser over £300k in rent since Darrell arrived and that there is the rub.

5 Likes

If any players are up for grabs this January window or the start of the new season , which ever we will still be competing against other clubs for their signatures .

LP has either got to push the boat out and start matching other clubs wages or we’ll be all moaning next season that we’ve ended up with all the dregs that no one else wanted AGAIN.

Maybe with a couple of decent signings now we could make a push for the play offs , after all we’re only 11 points off now with how many to play , it’s been done before .

But even if we didn’t make the play offs we would have a team that will mainly be together and building that team spirit now and would start " GELLING " instead of waiting to start all over again at the very start of the season .

1 Like

It looks to me like the money just isn’t there to sign proven quality you could question that considering we had 400k in revenue from player sales in the summer and ask where that has gone but it won’t be highlighted as much as it would’ve been if Bonser was still in charge.For me Pomlett can only rely on goodwill for this season if things are still the same next season then questions need asking this might be premature and some decent players may yet come in but I for one won’t hold my breath.the calibre of player we have now is very different to what we had under money and Nicholl

4 Likes

Fixed that for you Exile :smiley:

2 Likes

Certainly not going to hammer the club , but my god with the season we’ve had so far you’d expect players through the door by now :man_facepalming:

1 Like

I’m just hoping that Clarke has thought well if I can’t get my first or second choices, let’s not waste money by bringing my third or fourth and wait until the summer instead.

As for outgoings, Clarke had spoke about wanting to get rid of a few but with how many injuries we’re having (never known anything like it here by the way to have so many injuries) maybe it’s wise not to get rid if we’re going to struggle to replace them. The squad has looked thin at times as it is.

5 Likes

Fair points Dan, although it feels to me that we are consistently missing out on our first , second and even third choices.

Waiting for players to fall out of contract in the summer no longer played into our hands, as we don’t pay the wages to compete.

For me the only way for us to improve is to invest some real coin, if that’s not feasible then so be it.

2 Likes

I reckon DC approaches a target each day in January starting with Target 1 on the 1st day Target 2 on the 2nd day and so on which explains why we end up with the poorest targets his 31st Target on the 31st…

1 Like

Dont like the sound of this in the E&S Pomlett, however, has been consistent in his approach, believing there is no rush to do deals this month – while adding that ‘too much emphasis’ is put on it.

And There’s no need to, things progress through the month and most business is done at the end. Sounds like the rubbish at the end of the month again !

2 Likes

I have to agree with Pomlett. Let’s be honest about this season. It’s been a massive rebuild, things haven’t gone to plan as we would have liked but things are ok. Considering our downward spiral we could easily have gone down again this year, as many other clubs of our stature have. We are unlikely to get to the playoffs this season (and even then its the playoffs, could play 2 games and still be in League 2). Considering the Bury and Macclesfield situation, 40 points should be enough to stay up. So, I think we have time to consider our options, get the budget in order and properly line up targets with no panic (haven’t been able to do that for a long time). Don’t get me wrong I would love to see us in the playoffs, would love it if LP got investment and we spent it but realistically this season is now a dead-rubber which can be used to build a squad.

7 Likes

Looks like Cambridge are going to give some younger players a run out in the second half of the season in place of 3 senior players that have left the club might not be a bad idea I just like a signing or 2 lol who doesn’t :rofl:

I wish we could do that.
Surely it’s not too much of a stretch to put some ‘senior’ players on the bench just in case.
You’ll never know who is worth £450,000 in instalments if you don’t play them.

1 Like