The View from the Other Side - Barrow - 16/08/22

Talking to a Walsall fan tonight and apparently the funeral could be months away yet. My heart really goes out to Ryan’s family.

8 Likes

Thats a really lame statement from Barrow isnt it?they should be totally embarrassed about some of there fans and bloody get to grips with them as a matter of urgency

4 Likes

Seems like some of the scum who have been gobbing off about it have now deleted their Twitter accounts. I really hope Barrow Police take this further. “One of the Few” had obviously looked at my Twitter profile and tried to take the piss out of me for being a full grown man who plays with cats. Obviously not even worth a reply. I’d like to lock him in one of my cat rescue pens to see how he got on with one of the ferals I rehome :grin::rofl:

6 Likes

That’s a pity, we could have invited them up to the railway for a drink and a chat :wink:

1 Like

They wouldnt have the bollocks mate doubt theyll even be at the return fixture either.

2 Likes

Can’t imagine how you are feeling mate. Maybe you should contact Barrow FC and let them hear from the bloke that was there. Maybe they would react differently.

8 Likes

Not the first time in recent years either they need to pull there finger out and stamp this out

7 Likes

Standards really falling down in society these days.

Just seen on the news an 87 year old man got knifed to death in London ffs. I know these things are sadly commonplace now but for a mob to be glorifying an innocent fan getting killed is a total disgrace.

Hopefully CCTV or fans nearby told people at Barrow who they are and they can get lifetime bans and community service.

1 Like

Forget recent years.

I’ve been to the vile shithole that is Barrow several times in a non-league context back in the 90’s and early 00’s.

One of their fans lost a leg to frostbite when his car got stranded in adverse weather travelling to a midweek FA cup replay at Whitley Bay. For that reason we were always over the top friendly to them whenever they visited, as is the Geordie way. It was nobodies fault, just one of those unfortunate things. I’ve even seen us let their fans sleep in our clubhouse and travel back in the morning on midweek nights after a lock-in when they were an utterly crap Northern Premier League joke club. But when we went there for the return fixture it was always horribly nasty.

That’s why I posted

There are three types of Barrow fans, scumbags, apologists for scumbags, and some genuine ones.The latter in my experience are very much in the minority, and their club’s pathetic response to what happened last night is typical, as is the stuff you can read on twitter and on their forum.

I really hope Walsall FC don’t just accept this. After all we have a joint chairman that gets very hot under the collar and high and mighty when any player gets a bit of stick.

Lets see what he’s made of responding to this disgusting episode.

6 Likes

Had a look at there forum one fan seems to think we are using it as an excuse because we lost believe it or not.Morons

First and foremost, I just feel so sorry for yourself, the rest of Ryan’s mates and family for seeing this stuff. This is the last thing you need and I’m sure you’ll know by now if you need to talk to anyone about it we’re here for you all and just a message/post away. :+1:

The Barrow statement is pathetic and basically says nothing is going to be done about it. Proper horrible, inbred little club. Not many of these creatures have pictures of themselves on twitter who are gobbing off (what does this say? Sad, low life keyboard warriors) but the couple that do I really hope they don’t bother coming to the return fixture at the bescot.

2 Likes

Thanks for this @Killer78 I’ve posted it on their Twitter feed asking how the “monitoring of the situation” went after this incident. SLO says that WFC and WMP are in touch with Barrow, so hopefully some bans will result.

4 Likes

I thought their use of the word “derogatory” to describe the chanting was a poor choice for something so serious. I can think of dozens of more appropriate ones, like vile, disgusting, appalling, offensive etc.
Let’s hope they take their actual investigation a bit more seriously than their initial statement infers.

5 Likes

Absolutely spot on

Absolutely contemptible. As a football romantic I was delighted when Barrow regained their FL place. Now I hope they drop like a stone again.

5 Likes

As I thought, Barrow really didn’t give one single shit about the incident. Not really the time straight after our game, could have waited until after their next home game but no.

2 Likes

Tone deaf, as was the initial response.

8 Likes

I have a reason to dislike the vast majority of other league clubs. It’s usually something petty from a long long time ago. Barrow was a bit “meh”, the only thing being the crap view from the away end and the fact their badge has a dingbat on it. However they have now catapulted themselves into a top five (or should that be bottom five) position.

It’s not just the kids who were singing. It is the actual club compounding it. And then compounding it again.

I think our club need to say something now. This is where our SLO needs to feel the temperature and act.

7 Likes

The only temperature he will be feeling is from the August heatwave

1 Like

Hope walsall ban barrow fans from return fixture, as i can their being trouble, there again they will deserve it.

1 Like