Timmy Abraham signs

Will you get bored of pretending every single signing we make is going to be brilliant every year? (Only to be moaning about them yourself by the end of the season)

Good post mate
If he comes anywhere near as good as the ones you have mentioned, not only will we have a good player, but if we have an option to increase his contract, we could have another possible windfall :wink:

Positive mentality breeds success.

2 Likes

If he does come good he has the pace to be special.

Good signing by the club.
He’s young, raw fast with great potential, a player Flynn and his coaching staff can get stuck in with and develop.
As @AndyWTaylor said, and I agree, he’s more of a provider than a scorer. If he can knock in few during his development I’m all for that as well.
He could, eventually, become a key player for us.

How’s that been working out for us the last few seasons?

Positivity is saying I hope it clicks for him here and he’s better than his record suggests. Which is what I said. Anything more than that isn’t positively, it’s blind faith based on nothing.

He’s raw. As long as he isn’t taking up too much of the budget then I don’t see the harm in this.

4 Likes

Absolutely, he has something.

1 Like

Welcome Timmy . Good move by the club to secure him.A goal or 2 could well be all he needs to get that confidence up and until that hopefully happens is a great option off the bench against tiredness :+1:

2 Likes

For where we are, this is the best we could hope for regarding potential. We need to find someone of the proverbial scrapheap in the hope we can nurture them and give them a platform to perform.

Prefer him to Douglas-Taylor based on what I have seen.

All part and parcel of being a football fan.

86af573fb1d65ab4dfc23cef297994f4

4 Likes

Difference between him and adebayo, was that, in that squad, noone else was getting goals… Gordon, Lavery were both terrible. But i think the goals will be shared out a lot more this season

1 Like

Welcome to Walsall, Jason Timiebi Ogheneobrucheme Bakumo-Abraham.

1 Like

Our tradition of playing centre forwards on the wing doesn’t help

1 Like

Hope Timmy does well

2 Likes

I’m pleased with this. Thought he did well out wide against Coventry. I’m also confident that whatever the deal, we will have made provision for us to make a few quid, should he move on. The era of Bonser selling cheap to maintain the rent payments is hopefully behind us.

2 Likes

I think that this is a good, sensible, low risk signing which the Club has nothing to lose and gain only gain from. Assuming of course that we have the option of an extra year in our favour???

I wouldn’t have thought that he would be a huge drain on the budget, and if MF can nurture him over the next few months to turn him into a promising young talent second half of the season, then this could be very good business.

He comes here with no expectations from me, so anything positive he delivers is going to be a bonus. It is now down to him to prove that he has a future as a professional footballer Plus it would be nice to hopefully see a raw. young player develop into something special.

5 Likes

C’mon Tim!

4 Likes

I haven’t seen him play yet but hopefully will get the chance on Saturday. He offers something different and could be another Adebayo. The squad looks half-decent on paper - lets hope it translates to the pitch. UTS