Tinpot FC

I think people relate to Fellows park as our spiritual home, and where it all began.
It was the place that we made so many great memories, and we OWNED it.
People relate to leaving there and going to Bescot, as the beginning of our demise with the Bonzo takeover and subsequently the root of all our woes

2 Likes

This is probably a lot to do with it.

The fact we’re shelling out a few hundred grand every season just to use these facilities and they’re falling apart is going to stick in the craw…. along with the fact we’re responsible for repairs meaning it costs even more.

2 Likes

Unless your not ancient :wink:

Bescot has had some wonderful nights too. The concrete morgue being built ruined it. It killed its charm really. I’d say its the only time WFC were over ambitious :joy:. I only sit there cause its cheap…

3 Likes

Wonder when Omlett is putting the make up on for the next You Tube update

At least twice in the last 2 months the exit doors of the Homeserve Upper have remained closed towards the end of the game, you have to go back through the turnstiles to get out. Lucky the doors stayed on the first time as the mob were angry

Worth noting that the annual rent is now twice what Bonser’s pension pot paid for the stadium in the first place.

5 Likes

The world has turned somewhat since Fellows Park, which I like many have a lot of warmth & nostalgia for. I still have not set foot in Morrisons because I refuse to buy bog roll, where Preece & Kelly & Mower & Buckley & Penn did their thing.

Fellows Park was a dump, bit it was our dump & it had character. Plus it hosted some of the biggest matches in our history.

Bescot isn’t that bad at this level, bit it’s not our ground which immediately takes the shine of it and is frankly quite soulless. Plus this board, have not ensured it’s fit for purpose with crap catering, leaky roofs, dirty seats and broken toilets.

Basic stuff that now stops my daughters attending, alongside the dross on the pitch.

2 Likes

I think we are in danger of the club outlasting the fans, if you take away fans of a certain age i wonder how many would be left? because we certainly don’t look very appealing to a new generation.

2 Likes

Lovely jubbly! He may have been a mediocre bog parts manufacturer but he spotted the main chance with us! When will he decide that he has taken enough money out of the club?

He’s going to keep pulling our chain for a few more years yet, I reckon

1 Like

Why kill the goose that keeps on laying golden eggs :wink:

1 Like

His family will inherit the ground and either (a) stick the rent up or (b) flog it to someone who will.

That is a major worry ,because what we pay now is way below it’s true market value, and will his descendants be inclined to to. Maintain the yearly rent freeze That’s currently been negotiated

And we STILL moan :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Below true market value? Based on what comparable?

I think they compare it to the Ricoh arena or whatever it is called now that’s what Stephen Gamble did Last time it was called out in that “most boring club in the UK” article the sun newspaper did.

1 Like

Bonser could. Indeed charge. A fair bit more. Than the current. Rent,

he has negotiated rent increase freezes for a number of years now with those who administer his pension fund

Not that it makes how he got hold of it in the first place and the paltry  sum paid   For it.  makes it any more palatable
1 Like

The rent on bescot stadium is actually quite cheap the fact we pay anything at all is obviously the problem but it is actually cheap , If you wanted to rent a Nice residential house in Sutton Coldfield it would be £30k a year we pay what £400k for a football stadium and all the conference suite’s basically an on going business. Bonser could and has probably been advised to charge 25% more but he knows more than anyone that would probably kill the club

1 Like

That’s all true mate.

Stadium. is on. a seventeen and half acre site. And I think last time. The issue was discussed he could have charged around another 70 k. To bring. It line with its true rental worth

But that was a few good years back. I would wager it’s true value would be around 100 k more. If said rental increases. had not been. Waived

But again saying. That
at this point in time it’s in his best interests. Not to see the rent become unattainable ,to wfc
but wether his descendants view it in the same light. is another. Matter entirely , There are the other stakeholders in the. Sipp also who may not be willing to. Strike same deal

We’ve spoke about this before mate We both know. It’s worth far more than club pay for it

It’s just the way he got his grubby hand s on it. That can never be forgiven

Even dick Turpin had the decency to wear a mask mate , Yet bonser And wallet show no signs of shame or guilt

2 Likes