Trivela impact?

The way i tonight, i really feel like we have lost our Club, as though it has been taken away from us as fans. I just feel as though everything that e is going on at the moment with Trivela, the supporters are the last people on their minds. 20% price increases a matchday experience that has not got any better, just more expensive. Lack of ambition with the Head Coach appointment, and total control over everything.

5 Likes

This there chance to show us something on the pitch if this summer is another underwhelming one then alarm bells will start to ring for me i am already still to be convinced by them and what there intentions are.

We want trivela to provide an increased transfer budget yet moan when they try to increase revenue. the price of everything has gone up including the clubs costs. Our prices are no worse than most clubs in our league.

6 Likes

Then do everything on the cheap? Yes we moan and rightly so.

I’m sure you’re convinced everything will be alright next season and to forgive and forget for yet another season :sleeping:

2 Likes

Yes, I don’t understand why everything has to be done under a veil of secrecy. Hardly builds trust.

Hope the transfer budget is 20% better in line with price increases along witht trivelia showing us some ambition.

3 Likes

Keep hoping steady progress we might finish 15th at this rate we might go up in about 20 years.

Change takes time, but I think there’ve been lots of positive steps forward over their limited time to date.

9 Likes

What a ridiculous post. They’ve bought an asset in respect of a football club which they have said they intend to be the first of some international portfolio of clubs. They reckon they’ve got a model which will prove to be successful across that portfolio which will engender financial gain for their investors. So far they’ve come up with charging over a fiver for a pint of second rate Spanish pish and 26 quid to watch the arse end of the football league football which is on a par with the second tier of non league. It’s a crap start to their global football undertaking. Add the facts of Pomlett, gamble and mole still being involved, it farts like a soon to be shit. So taking the quack like a duck test they currently qualify 100 percent.

6 Likes

Some people are blinded by them buying the freehold obviously done it out of the goodness of there heart and not as an investment haven’t they? Venture capatalists and always have been they want a return and we’ve sold the soul of our football club on the back of it well done Pomlett they’ve shown there ambition by appointing a puppet in Sadler who will do whatever they want and be dictated to by Matt Jordan.Sorry but I don’t trust them anymore as for the saddlers club who gives a fook they’ll charge the same ridiculous prices in there as they are in the stadium.

3 Likes

Add to that the fact that Walsall FC cenrtic investors that didn’t fit the Bonser golden pay-off remit were knocked back in the origin of the formation and involvement of Trivela and even the Pomlett fakeover, its basically an unfolding familiar narrative in need of some substantive action to exemplify a counter narrative and dispel the all to familiar cloud of bullshit that disguises financial self-interest where Walsall FC is concerned. Its becoming a source of incredulity, even for an old cynic like me, just how many times a lower division football club can be used as a vehicle to line the pockets of individuals who have no interest in football, at the expense of both “it” and those who’s love, emotional and financial investment is entirely in the football club.

Trivela have this summer for me. They’ve already taken a huge gamble with the status of league football with the managerial appointment, its over to them to back the words up with some action and serious investment.

4 Likes

Agree about the beer prices, but the ticket prices, even following the increase, are pushing half that figure for many, based on early bird prices, which the majority of regular attenders go for. Let’s face it, hardly anyone buys a full price ST.

From my travels this season, matchday prices were similar right across the division.

3 Likes

You’ve posted this a number of times, Geordie. What do you mean? Bonser held all the cards, no matter who he sold to. He (or his family) was always going to get his golden payoff if and when he sold, on top of the rent he’d collected over decades. He bought an asset worth millions for a couple of hundred grand and now the new owners have had to pay him a market value to buy it.

Or am I missing something?

7 Likes

No, spot on, Belph. It looks like our No.1 fan did pretty well out of our football club. There’s an old joke: how do you make a small fortune? Start with a large one and buy a football club!

Jeef seems to have reversed this theory.

1 Like

I know a lot of fans are awaiting the next Trivela love letter informing us that the 3 amigos are staying to oversee our rise to football supremacy but I’m awaiting with baited breath Westie Jacks announcement who will be our new assistant head coach, come on Westie let’s be havin ya, where are you :joy:

4 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl: and a strange amount act like love struck teens swoon by the hyperbole :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

That particular paragraph makes no sense at all to me.Perhaps GEORDIE could give a simple soul like me an explanation in plain English.

2 Likes

What sense doesn’t it make? Its pretty simple. If you’ve got a done deal in the offing you don’t want anyone on, or around the board room that isn’t on the same page as that narrative even if they were prepared to invest money which would have been of significant benefit to the football club. This is the schism that still exists at Walsall FC. All this talk of “community club” is stuff and nonsense while it pervades. I’ve seen nothing of any substance YET (in respect of action), that suggests Trivela represent a deviation from this narrative. Hopefully this summer will prove decisive in that respect, their first act of it so far has been to task a rookie manager that was already in the building with turning around the latest ominous spiral towards non-league evidenced by 2 wins in half a season.

Or have I missed something?

You haven’t addressed the points in my post, just more riddles and conjecture. Can you explain how Bonser wasn’t going to get his golden payoff, no matter who he sold to. Explain why he should have sold to someone else other than Trivela?
In plain speak please Geordie.

2 Likes

Yes I have. Individuals or organisations proposing investment in Walsall FC for the benefit of the football club has nothing to do with Bonser’s pay off, which as you say was always going to happen - cue Trivela, and why said offers were not taken up. I’m not talking about levels of investment anywhere near the magnitude that would have bought the freehold, which is where you might be getting confused.

Nope.

From his point of view he shouldn’t, selling the freehold to them is a perfect outcome, which is why it happened, and it was a deal concieved well before the time of the Pomlett fakeover, Pomlett even told everybody this plain as day in one of his early Pomcasts encased in some bullshit about how the football club needed to be in League One. He probably genuinely thought at the time that appointing DC to manage Walsall in division 4 would easily deliver that part of the script, so that when Trivela breeze in a couple of years later it would all look like part of some wonderful “well run” 5 year plan that was coming together nicely for the betterment of Walsall FC now that evil Bonser has “gone”. OOOPS on that front, which is why Trivela are here anyway, and we don’t talk about the 5 year plan anymore, its all Saddlers Club refurb and letters about identity and culture. Let’s just wait and see what happens in the next few weeks. Nobody will be happier than me if we see the enactment of some genuine positive changes and some significant investment in the football club.