Tyreik Wright

That is what made that young Villa team’s performance last week so remarkable. It wasn’t the reserves or the youth team (who Wright plays for) it was their Academy.

The reserves and yoofs had had contact with the first team and therefore couldn’t be considered.

According to Tyreik Name Meaning Tyreik means “saver of the people”.

Just what we need!

1 Like

I hoped it might mean “scorer of the pelanties”.

4 Likes

I wished his mate Barry had come with him I would put money on us at least getting in the play offs.

He’d be on the bench as well. :laughing:

5 Likes

Two others out on loan from Villa. Revan to Weymouth? ???

I was impressed with Nolan yesterday and I hope he gets a lot more play time as I’m sure he will only get better , but I understand him going off with his lack of match fitness .

What I can’t understand is why Tyreik wasn’t just a straight swap for Nolan in his position , and the team shape kept exactly the same as we were playing quite well .

Loan players should be better than what we have already , not just someone to make the numbers up .

8 Likes

Spot on

Yes yes yes. I think Pomlett needs to get the above printed and framed and hung above his desk and the managers desk.

1 Like

Don’t understand the culture of Loan Players. Years ago they were brought in to cover injury and suspension. Now we have a constant stream of Players from “bigger” clubs, many who have never even played “Mens” football. And then those that are successful, leave us when a better loan offer comes their way. Pointless.

What is the point of our Academy and Youth System, when kids who are not even “ours” get preference?

Something has to give to change this culture - if the likes of Wright are being brought in, the entire Academy structure should be dissolved.

1 Like

Or maybe we don’t use the system in the right way? Or maybe Wright is better than our kids?

Wright in theory should be at the same stage of development as any of our youth team wingers, but have more ability as he is at a bigger club. In this case part of it is to get Wright first team experience and see what at level he is at. This side of developing our own kids appears to be something we have been really poor at for a few years now.

Take Sam Perry for example, played well in a trophy game last season and has been nowhere near the first team since, until Saturday. In Clarkes mind (rightly or wrongly) there is definitely Kinsella, Sinclair, Guthrie, Bates and Osadebe ahead of him so Perry would at best be 6th choice so if we have give the kid a pro contract thinking he’ll be good enough to make it, why are we not finding somewhere for Perry to go out on loan so we can better judge what level he is at now?

A few years ago I recall us sending young players on loan to the likes of Rushall, Leamington etc, but in the last season and a half only Tom Leak has been out on loan. Surely our youngsters would benefit more from being in a first team somewhere, anywhere?

Pretty sure our academy was absorbing 50% of all profits made, it that’s Still the case then it needs winding up.

I believe in the academy system and think Walsall should retain theirs but if the Manager is not prepared to use the young lads from time to time or put more senior players on the bench at their expense it does make you wonder what the point of it is!!!

1 Like

And that’s the point, I think Rico Henry was our last genuine talent to come through.

Outside of that we haven’t see any huge benefit in the last 10 years.

Clarke on Wright (E&S): “He’ll give us options in a 4-3-3 and 4-4-2 on the right coming inside on his left foot,” Clarke added. “He can also play on the left side. It gives us another wide option.’’

So he’ll do his best to mess him up good and proper. Why not try him in goal if Rose isn’t available? (on the bench that is!)

1 Like

I think he reads UTS. Swap sides with Wes during the match. Teams have cottoned on to Wes but if they swap a few times it could cause defences problems.

1 Like

Perhaps those Clubs you mention don’t think any of our Players are better, than what THEY have already got? And if so why do we persist with offering contracts, to Players a million miles off League 2 level?

The approach of an Academy has to be followed up by 1st team experience, rather than doing that on behalf of other Clubs.

2 Likes

Don’t really expect loads of Academy Products good enough for the Championship but my point is, we’re looking for lads who can come into League 2 and if they are so far off that level, we’re just wasting our time to continue with the Academy approach.

It’s time for Clarke (plus whoever sanctions these signings) to be held account for these signings

The more I watch us
The more I look at our signings

It stinks of non league On and Off the pitch

Aspirations of the championship … :joy:

Sign players better than what we have
Sign players and play them

Will give Clarke a few weeks to see how he uses these new lads. Clubs will not send us players if we don’t use them

But history shows us the way this is going

4 Likes

Clarke isn’t the one controlling the finances and refusing to pay wages mate that’s Pomlett.

1 Like