Tyreik Wright

He’s signing players who aren’t better than what we’ve got though

2 Likes

Yeah I agree mate but he can’t sign anyone who needs paying a wage lol

I agree Clarke is not the one holding the purse strings however that is not an answer as to why he doesn’t give the players we sign a chance. If I was him after their goal, I would have brought wright on in place of White and push Norman back to RB. Wright has a point to prove first loan/new team and really we are at the position in the table where a point doesn’t really affect our position; in that we are not relegation threatened nor are we troubling the top teams. I just think if Clarke rolls the dice in the last ten minutes at least he couldn’t be knocked for trying!

Ive got to admit I’ve looked at the team sheets the last two games and seen the names and thought nope and not watched the games.

Pomlett is a business man and must be able to see that his manager is struggling here we can’t afford much let’s get smart on recruitment
Instead it’s let’s get a freebie as back up to average joe 5 out 10 players like Osidebe Sinclair Guthrie Whyte etc … let’s get hungry ambitious players stepping up or stepping down

Mid table is ok

But I can see us all having this same discussion in 12 months time

See us safe on points and waive good bye to DC he stabilised us thanks no let’s kick on

1 Like

Have no problem with mid table if I can see us building, with a focused and consistent approach tactically and selection wise, together with a transfer strategy. There is no transfer strategy. The 3 top earners are a waste of space and that’s the core budget spent. Hence these desperate signings who have never even played Mens Professional Football.

Total joke.

3 Likes

Might have to wait a bit longer because DC saying the penny is dropping with Jack Nolan

1 Like

No, I’m not stupid for playing the only right winger in the squad before now, this is literally the first time he’d be any use.

4 Likes

Nolan has been subbed twice on 65 minutes. Both times a 1-0 lead has turned into a draw with neither of his replacements being right wingers. Just a thought, but maybe if Wright had been given a shot we might now have had a decent look at him, and who knows maybe even gone on to win those games?

11 Likes

“That’s an entirely logical take and I will not stand for it” - DC.

Probably

1 Like

Agreed. DC doesn’t seem to like giving players the full 90 if they are just back from injury (Jules, Gordon), old and decrepit (Guthrie and Sadler) or not played much (Nolan).

I do reckon that the substitutions do often confuse the players since they usually mean a different system.

How on earth can he criticise nolan being overweight when he kept on playing Guthrie??? who looks like he has been living in the room over mrs miggin’s pie shop for the last 12 months :rofl:

14 Likes

Completely agree the introduction of osabede in place of Nolan was a terrible call I’m still struggling to understand it now I can’t fathom why he hasn’t given Wright a sniff yet I really can’t.

4 Likes

I could defend Tuesday nights sub due to weather, pitch and therefore the game becoming hoof ball but Saturday and bringing on Osadebe was a complete head scratch moment tbh. Nolan pearly didn’t have 90 in him so get Wright on to give us some fresh legs in forward areas. Unfortunately Osadebe hasn’t convinced me yet at all and maybe he thought Wright needed a week training with the team first? Either way I’m still baffled by that one!

Absolutely ridiculous position we are in that we can only sign players with nil wages. What a repayment for all those supporters who do donated their season ticket money to the club. I doubt very much they will be renewing again. I’ll be blunt. The signings are rubbish. Yes difficult circumstances for the club but it’s a level playing for everyone. I’ve never seen such a crap team in 43 years of watching Walsall. We’re the Hibbitt sides of the early 90s better? Yes they were!

2 Likes

The fans donated their ST money to keep the club running, not for transfers in a January transfer window.

The ones that donated their money are hardcore fans and will renew whatever the circumstances.

4 Likes

I think it’s the worst team since leaving FP.

Absolutely rubbish. I 100 percent agree with you. Its something maybe only older supporters can appreciate. But from my memory the Hibbitt sides which people generally view as our ‘darkest days’ were far better. For example the current forward line wouldn’t be fit to polish Mike Ceceres and Rod Mcdonalds boots. For me the current regime has taken us to our lowest point. I can genuinely see a relegation fight next season if the clubs transfer policy continues

2 Likes

I don’t agree people will renew regardless. I think your wrong.

Don’t you think so? Nearly a year away from the football and I’m guessing many are itching to get back to it all, especially being couped up in households for days/weeks and going back to the football to get out and see their mates properly is a lifeline for some.

2 Likes

That is true and a very valid point

1 Like