Update from the Chairman

Yes so what’s your answer then don’t support the club in these months of need and risk seeing your club fold .

I want to help save my club and will make a donation to help it meet it’s costs,at a time when no income is coming in,if those costs include paying rent,so be it.

1 Like

How do you know he hasn’t cancelled or significantly reduced the rent? LP indicated more than once that ALL stakeholders were helping. I am with P.T. on this I don’t want any money refunded from my season tickets (3) and I will subscribe to ifollow for the rest of the season. I may do more if more information is made available.

5 Likes

I hate bonser more than anyone but supporters need to Put there grievances of bonser to one side for the sake of their football club.

4 Likes

Forget about Bonser !!!

2 Likes

Well, I’m just gobsmacked. And still no answer about this ‘club’ that we are going to ‘start again’ with.

It’s a difficult scenario no doubt. On one hand, the Club is facing up to its biggest crisis in my lifetime and is going cap in hand to the supporters for help, whilst on the other a big proportion of those problems could seemingly be solved by JB granting a payment holiday until we’re back on track.

The clear implication from the video today is that there has been some form of assistance from Bonser and other stakeholders. How far has that support gone? Is it just a slight reduction like the one at the start of the decade during the credit crunch? Who knows, but surely any sort of help that we as fans can be provide is a good thing. Whether that’s via small monthly donations, or by passing on the opportunity for season ticket refunds.

I do believe though that if us fans do go to our pockets once again, then we should be entitled to more oversight on how far our support is going in comparison to what others are doing and know exactly what our money will be funding.

3 Likes

No he isn’t

So that means you will do nothing then ?

I think some people need to read between the lines. Pomlett couldn’t have made it clearer that Bonser is helping in some way with the rent. Listen to him say that “EVERY stakeholder has helped. And I mean EVERYONE. There are NO exceptions.” Pomlett knows how strongly supporters feel about Bonser, and knows that people would like to hear that Bonser has helped with the rent. If he could say it he would. He knows the difference hearing it would make to some supporters. However, for whatever reason, he’s clearly not allowed to be as explicit about this as some would like, so he has to say what he can, which is that every stakeholder has helped, there are no exceptions.

Please listen again to what he says about stakeholders and read between the lines.

7 Likes

At the risk of repeating myself again , every one needs to put
their opinions of Bonser and Pomlett to one side , it’s not going to alter the fact that WFC Our club needs help NOW .
If your only agenda is Bonser you probably need to leave the room now and leave it to supporters who can see the immediate bigger picture to try and help as best we can now , and if we as a club manage to get through all this crap you are welcome to come back and vent , but in the meantime please leave the people who care about the club and not personal vendettas to do what we can .
The future of our club is more important

7 Likes

If Bonser had knocked a quid off the rent then what Pomlett said would be true, I’ve tried listening very hard but not a whiff of a figure. If it was a substantial amount we would know, we don’t, ergo it’s not.

2 Likes

For god’s sake man forget about Bonser !

1 Like

Our chairman who is working tirelessly to bring club and fans together after what can be described has a dreadful few years. Bringing back the feel good factor to club. He now needs our help to help the club through these difficult times hes not asking us to donate our life savings, just as much as we can afford to ensure we all have a club to support after this pandemic has finished and fans are allowed back in. The problem is we don’t know how long or how bad the situation is but it seems as though he is preparing for worst case scenario. So let’s get behind his rallying cry and support this club has best we can. And not worry how much bonser is charging us in rent, let’s just do our part and let pomlett worry about bonser.

7 Likes

Massive supposition there. We haven’t had a figure, therefore it must be low.

1 Like

Nope. It could be £1, £500,000 or any other figure; however much it is, he’s clearly not allowed to talk about it.

What would be the reason then?

The rules of the pension fund are clear - it needs to charge market rent - and if not, Bonser and the other beneficiaries (his brother I believe) need to make up the difference. Why the assumption that Bonser has this money lying around spare and ready to use - he ran a factory making taps and retired to Cyprus for God sake - he isn’t an oil sheikh with private island in the Bahamas. Just because he has a decent income doesn’t mean he can live without it - even wealthy people live to their means.

2 Likes

Bonser could have asked him not to say.

The reason for not being able to talk about it? Bonser knows we hate him. He knows that whatever assistance he gives, supporters will say it’s not enough - £200k? It should be £400k. A year free rent? It should be two years. In fact he should give all the rent money back that he’s ever had. Whatever he does he’ll get no credit. So he makes some form of contribution, but the condition is that it has to remain private. I’m not, by the way arguing the rights and wrongs of whether he should get credit here, simply how I think his thinking would go.

You said earlier that for Pomlett to be telling the truth, all Bonser would have to do was donate a quid so, unless you’re saying that Pomlett is lying, that implies that you accept that he has made some form of contribution. Personally, everything I have seen of Leigh Pomlett over the last year suggests that he’s a decent, honourable man who tells us as much as he can within the limits he has to work to. I don’t believe he’s a liar. How big Bonser’s contribution is, I have no more idea than you do, but if it was as trivial as you suggest, Pomlett would not be going out of his way to emphasise how every stakeholder has helped.

8 Likes