W 1-0 vs Newport County (A) - League Two - Sat 6th Aug, 3pm

I would take a photograph these arseholes and send it to the Club and ask for a ban. Don’t want these nutters anywhere near our club. What goes on between men is different but completely out of order when a young child is involved. Hopefully it won’t put him off wanting to go again.

If the club won’t sort him out then send me his photo because with my mood at the moment he will be playing for the Lionesses once he has recovered.:rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage:

8 Likes

Would there have been a slight meltdown if we’d have played like that yesterday and lost 2 or 3 nil? I’m guessing there’d have been a few that would have been scratching their heads at the very least.Newport had most certainly done their homework on us from last week because they stopped channels they bullied and harried especially Norman who acted like a real prick at times, like when he shoulder barged Johnson down our right wing in the second half when the ball had ran yards down the pitch to their centre half for example.He came across a little jealous to me like he wished he’d have been involved in this takeover and flynn as is manager it might not have been but that’s what was running through my head.I’m hoping we go back to playing like we did in the first 10 minutes yesterday and like we did against Hartlepool next week I might even go Tuesday night not decided yet.

Sad thing is, the ref bought it a lot of the time. Poor, poor officiating. We also got battered for long periods but none of this should detract from a great away performance and a demonstration that this squad is up for it. As someone said, that’s as important as the result. It looks like no one is going to roll us over this season and we should be up there at the business end of the season. Well done to the team and to (most) of the travelling fans. Excelsior!

1 Like

How is it different ?

1 Like

Only a tenner to get in and a fiver for concessions.

1 Like

Very tempting mate.

1 Like

https://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/sport/20606286.newport-county-lament-missed-chances-loss-walsall/

Your at Bloodstock aren’t you next week Belph? I’ve just bought 4 tickets in FL3 for next weekends game,got a mate from work coming along but I wasn’t sure if your around or not.

I’m at Bloodstock Scoob.

1 Like

Last few seasons we live certainly attracted a few clowns on our travels, sorry to hear about young George, completely out of order Mark and no one with a young kid with them should have to deal with anything like that.
A few seasons ago (bout 5) we were away at Blackpool and was staying right by ground in the travelodge so found myself along with missus, 2 kids, 2 nephews, my mate and his missus and 2 kids walking towards Blackpool fans after game, all of a sudden about a dozen of
our lot boozed out their skulls start walking towards Blackpool fans singing “blackpools a shit hole I wanna go home” a Blackpool fan piped up and says “2-1” or whatever they beat us by it was like watching a pack of wolves unleashed the lot of them run at him his wife and teenage daughter, me and my pal stood in way and stopped them and told them what a disgrace they where.
Pure cowards imo, what gets to me is blokes who can’t even stand up are let in to grounds now to upset folk, I have a few pints myself but never to the pint I want to fall out and punch peoples heads.

5 Likes

Theres a page on Instagram and Facebook called Jenny’s Saddlers Snaps, she seems to be at most of our games taking photos of the game and of our fans… might be able to identify some of the muppets from those if she was there yesterday.

4 Likes

Not recent seasons. I think certainly the early 00s.

Unfortunately i think its more a reflection of society rather than just Walsall FC. Its a shame as 99 percent of football fans will no doubt be the victims of more draconian laws to curb the actions of knobheads at the footy.

8 Likes

Just checked it was February 2019, Blackpool won 2-0. I know it was recent as my lad is 18 and daughter 16 now and recall them being petrified

1 Like

Great result was surreptitiously checking my phone as I was on a guided tour round the Somme (tomorrow I’m visiting Belg country, Ieper and the surrounding area). Great to hear that we can win ugly, I’m looking forward to my first game on Saturday.

2 Likes

Felt Newport did to us what we did to Hartlepool, barely allowed us a kick. However, the difference was they couldn’t carve us open. Except for the one sitter they missed, I never really felt they were going to score.

We were fortunate to win, but I’ll take it!

1 Like

Maybe WFC should send a couple of its own senior stewards on away trips when they know we’ll have a big following.

Exactly what I was thinking.

1 Like

Don’t be silly, it will cost them money…

That said, when I used to steward, we ended up going to steward our fans at Shrewsbury when we played them on a Sunday a few years back.

So you think it is acceptable for a mature man, who by the sound of it was in his late 40s or 50s to behave that aggressively in front of a young child? You are clearly trying to wind me up!!!

1 Like

Having thought about it, I think the difference was we didn’t press from the front and as high up the pitch as we did against Pool - we sat deeper and invited Newport onto us more.

Maybe deliberate MF tactics for home and away games? I did overhear a Newport fan after the game say it was a typical Flynn performance from us.

2 Likes