W 2-0 vs Crewe Alexandra (H) - League Two - Tue 26th Dec, 3pm

We deserved that goal.

And shock horror, McEntee looks good at the back

4 Likes

A bit of local-ish interest … Port Fail are currently 0-3 down at home to Barnsley (37 min)

3 Likes

Knowles is doing a very good impression of Norman wisdom

2 Likes

That keeper looks very shaky on crosses v Matt and Draper.

1 Like

Good.

2 Likes

Notts County 2 Doncaster Rovers 0 (44 min)

Barrow 2 Stockport County 1 (45 + 2min)

finished the half well, Hutch turns up, we turn up

1 Like

Just told the wife that we have scored…she bought me a buck’s fizz to celebrate!
Next we will be told that we are “only 6 points off the play off places” then comes the realisation that we play Wrexham next!
Never forgiven Crewe for the 9-3 thrashing in the play off’s all those years ago.

Try optimism.

Or realism.

2 Likes

That’s good coming from you sunshine!

1 Like

I totally agree.

Hutch turns up a lot more often when we retain the ball a bit and pass it around rather than lumping it up.

Play to our strengths and there’s a really good side in there. The key is consistently playing a system that gets the best out of the players we have.

We haven’t done that so far, this season, but today we have.

2 Likes

Keep this going boys I need cheering up as got a stinker of cough here in Spain. A win would be just the tonic we need, Mrs has the same so Def not man flu :sneezing_face::sneezing_face:. UTS.

1 Like

Cheltenham beating Shrewsbury too.
Cheltenham are 4th from bottom as it stands.
They were rock bottom when DC took over.

I’m surprised you know what that means. Nothing but negativity from you on this game. Why bother watching, old bean?

1 Like

Okay half. Deservedly ahead.

It’s incredible isn’t it that playing your best player in his actual position, and not playing a centre half in midfield and instead actually at the back, would mean you play better.

Crewe don’t look like they’re up to much mind you. Their number 30 looks a classy player. Shows how shit the rest of this league is.

Not a bad half, we got better the longer it went on.

Crewe aren’t a bad side either, going forward anyway, defensively very shakey.

Like I’ve said above, just want us to beat Crewe. So wanted this season to be different, let’s hope that 6 points off the play off’s turns into being in the play off’s then we can buy each other a pint and discuss politics! :grinning: :wink:

1 Like

Absolutely mate. But maybe not discuss politics.

:wink:

Deffo, probably NOT a good idea!

Their number 30 is Joe White, he is on a 6 month loan from Newcastle.
Apparently he is going on loan to Stockport in January.

1 Like