W 2-0 vs Gillingham (H) - League Two - Sat 18th March, 3pm

Yea it was a complete generalisation. Deliberately not aimed at any one type of player or any type of fan or one’s knowledge at all.

It’s simply an observation that it’s the technical type of player that is often seen as inconsistent as a criticism as opposed to the more ‘industrious’ type that generally don’t contribute the highs or the lows to be deemed inconsistent. Fans tend to accept less outcome based productivity from these types than they do the more technically gifted, who are responsible for producing the most difficult skills in the most congested areas containing the highest risk….by its very nature it will be inconsistent in its outcome….

4 Likes

Agreed. Plus they’re often receiving in the tightest areas under the closest attention of defenders.

1 Like

This is amongst the most ludicrous posts I’ve ever read. The word inconsistent literally means “not being the same all the time”. So someone that is consistently average is by definition consistent, and someone that is sometimes, poor and sometimes good is by definition inconsistent. Why is inconsistency percieved as a negative? Quite simply, because it indicates that a player doesn’t perform to the fullness of their ability on a regular basis. Now you can add all sorts of context, and extrapolate all sorts of potential outcomes, but it doesn’t alter the plain fact that inconsistency in any player at any level is a perceptible condition that is often talked about as being a negative not just by us fans, but managers and coaches, but the minute fans say it its because they are too focused on results and whether or not a player has scored or assisted - nonsense, as is the notion that a player that is consistently average will be better thought of that someone who is better but inconsistent.

1 Like

Can’t even be bothered to reply to you in order to save everyone the tediousness of it.

But for the record I don’t agree with anything and as usual you’ve misunderstood the point entirely and used the part you want to demonstrate your own agenda

:+1::+1:

2 Likes

The biggest problem with consistency is down to where/what role he plays. We still aren’t sure what exact position he is best in. Yesterday he was wide floating about inside but you can rarely have that luxury of free role in division 4. But finding space is what he is best at, in my opinion.

You should read the covid thread…

1 Like

Yea u should!

:joy::joy::joy: god no!!

1 Like

Not sure I agree with your first paragraph, perhaps based on perception. But accept everything afterward.

1 Like

Yeah this is a good point. The fact that we have the lowest average possession in the League probably means that our creative players feel that burden to produce something special nearly every time they receive the ball.

One of the best aspects of watching us under Smith was that you knew the creative players were going to get plenty of opportunities to put their stamp on the game. I’d really like to see Hutch as part of a possession based side with other attackers on his wavelength. Unfortunately, I just can’t see Flynn building a side like that.

3 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy:

What the agenda of responding to a post on a forum? Sorry, my bad.
And I didn’t “misunderstand”, you made a point that I disagree with, namely that consistently average players are better thought of than better players that are inconsistent on the basis of some generalised fan attributed, mistaken notion of consistency, its just nonsense.

You need to learn that people are quite capable of disagreeing with you without misunderstanding things. Playing the misunderstood card in debate inevitably leads to things like never being able to admit others can have opinions which are different to yours and hence a need to resort to supercilliousness, or that you might actually be plain wrong ocassionally -

…for numerous examples. :shushing_face:

1 Like

He’d be a first pick in Moneyball. All the right attributes at the right price but we need to find five more like him within our budget to reach postseason.

1 Like

Yep. Just like the best recruiters in the EFL, Luton, saw the potential in Adebayo.

1 Like

And are now interested in Agyei , if the rumours are correct.

1 Like

Nope you didn’t get my point at all. And you have demonstrated it again.

Anyway I refuse to engage with you through fear of boring the tits off everyone on here and ruining another thread that’s pretty open and enjoyable. Again.

Also, I can’t discuss football with anyone who based a whole argument with me, assuming I was talking about Demba Ba when he’d “seen every game” live, when I wasn’t, but won’t acknowledge his mistake. :rofl::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Again, for the record, I disagree with you. :+1:

1 Like

We draw 0-0 at home to Walsall earlier in the season in the bad old days and I thought that we were the better of two poor sides in a lame game that day. Today looked very little in difference to the game earlier in the season - two shit teams with decent defences, but nothing going forward and it should have ended 0-0, bar for an extraordinarily fluky goal from the Saddlers.
A Gillingham fan online not impressed then? :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

You make your own luck. We were overdue a goal from a deflection or summat.

Their main tactic was the back post floater to the big man. So we ended up with 4 cbs. Cry more. Not sure Evans ever had to extend himself all game.

1 Like

No problem, tarra.

Will you ever admit Alan Pardew wasn’t sacked? …probably not…happy supercilliating, enjoy :wave: :wave:

Diversion from your own horrible mistake. I was discussing from memory and media, you were a season ticket holder who “was in the ground watching every game live”

:joy::joy::joy: