W 2-1 vs Accrington Stanley (H) - League Two - Tue 27th Feb, 7:45pm

I remember that, the game was off on the Saturday and it went ahead 24 hours later, and then we played a game at FP on the Tuesday night.
In 2004 wasn’t the Sunderland home game called off around midday on the Tuesday and immediately rearranged for the Wednesday? I’m sure I’m thinking of the right one.

1 Like

Yeah, I remember the Sunderland one now you mention it, I had it in my mind it was Ipswich for some reason, think we must have played them midweek around the same time.

At least it’s a home game on a Tuesday night now. Could have been worse an away game re-arranged for a Tuesday night

1 Like

My thoughts were that it was probably the Sunderland game, or maybe Ipswich. We did play them around the same time in midweek, and lost both.

1 Like

Wasn’t today supposed to be the opening of the Locker ?
Anyone know if that’s now changed to Sutton next week

Sky sports still saying the game is on, hope no Accrington fans listen to them :roll_eyes:
Now updated as off

It was the Sunderland game. The original one was called off due to fog of all things.

1 Like

They called it off early then for fog, must have given credence to the forecast.

Harrogate v Grimsby now also postponed.

Don’t think we can single out the club for criticism when there’s another 6 games just in our division that are also now off.

3 Likes

12 Likes

Like all on here, disappointed the game is off. I’m sure the ground staff did everything they could, with the equipment they have (new or old), to get the game on.
Bloody English weather!

1 Like

Why not just call it off Friday afternoon and get an even bigger round of applause? :joy:

Honestly. Applauding caution, brill :+1:

3 Likes

4 Likes

Stafford Rangers have against all the odds managed to get the game on. :roll_eyes: Pitch inspection at 11am and passed easily. Currently light rain and 6 degrees exactly as per the weather forecast . Imagine my shock on hearing this news that the game was on. Definitely not a tin pot club like Walsall
Currently speaking to the club chairwoman about the measures they took to make sure the game was on. :grinning:

1 Like

It’s not just our game people are applauding being called off.
Desperate times apparently and any excuse will do.

Some people on here just moan for moaning sake the team’s playing better trivela are stepping up to the plate the locker is open like they promised feck me if the pitch ain’t playable it ain’t feckin playable get over it

12 Likes

What angle is the pitch at in relation to the sun’s trajectory in the January sky?
What stands do they have obscuring any natural light/heat from the pitch.
Kiddy is on as well and they also played their home match the Saturday of the Alfreton game when it was much colder than today in Walsall.
Local geographical factors play a big part.

6 Likes

No one is applauding the game being off but apart from spending a chunk of the wages for a RWB or Draper replacement on a preventative measure that we need once or twice a season if that then the club can’t do much more in circumstances such as today.
Maybe Accrington were travelling down today and needed an early decision. There were local travel disruption to trains so earlier the better for our fans too.

Like Bradfords game and the video put up by there groundsman it’s the shading by the stands, the away stand in our case the Dallas stand in Bradfords case. Both used covers and heaters both called off in Bradfords case on Friday as they knew there was nothing they would be able to do.
Some times it’s either under soil heating or trust the cheaper option knowing some days Mother Nature will win

The video by Bradford city groundsman on twitter @officialbantams is worth a look if any one wants to understand the issues involved

6 Likes

Does anyone actually think that the ground outside right now is still frozen? :joy:

If its January and the sun is shining then its likely to be cold. If its overcast, its likely to be mild.

Frozen ground does not need sun to thaw.

Fascinating :grinning:

2 Likes