W 2-1 vs Carlisle United (H) - FA Cup Round Two - Sat 26th Nov, 3pm

Great post. I know you said it isn’t an exhaustive list but I have to mention the games against Watford. After Anfield in the Milk Cup, the 4-4 v Watford is still probably my favourite Walsall game ever. I think I was 10 at the time, same age as our George. I am sure he would love to experience something like that.

7 Likes

That, and this discussion has just talked me into buying a ticket.

2 Likes

Well…I didn’t mention them because they weren’t third round games. :smiley: I did mention the Charlton 3rd round game from that season, which led to Blues in the 4th and then Watford. I suppose the Watford game, the 4-4, would have to be one of the most dramatic nights we’ve had, and a second replay in the fifth round is the furthest point we have reached…

2 Likes

Pleased to have been of service, just don’t blame me when it all goes wrong and turns out to be one of the worst games we have seen in years. :laughing:

2 Likes

:smiley:offer here,

This is a toughie, a bookies game as they say,
We may be slight favs but only based on home advantage which has certainly proved advantageous in recent weeks.
Probably be the team who “turns up”, wins it.
Think the Gaffer will have em ready and primed; he likes a cup run.
Think we will show up and win 3-1,
1-0 half time, we go 2-0 up on 50 minutes, they score in 85th minute to make it 2-1,
then DJ taps in a rebound on 91 minutes.
Hoping to break 5,000, so will go for 5.123, would have easily been 6000 without the train strikes.
Goals from Maddox, Knowles and DJ

Thats my thoughts anyway
:pray:offer

We will be lucky to get 4000 people in imo from what I’m reading and hearing

Think there will be a lot of pay on the days tomorrow with no price increase and No midlands football.
2-1 to the saddlers DJ at the double in front of 4250

2 Likes

…and whatever the outcome, the football has to be better than that crap tonight.

4 Likes

I wish luck and as usual no injuries, but for audio from the game I’ll join later. There are important things, for example first Lewandowski’s goal in the World Cup finals, I hope. And one injury and added time can really mess the game time.

3 Likes

Good luck to Poland, one of our oldest allies.

3 Likes

The booing of England’s boring, predictable, slow sideways and backwards crud was totally justified, shows us for what we are, a squad of golden oldies unable to compete with the younger more energetic squads at this World Cup.
As mentioned by others above, win, and we will get Millwall away, lose and Carlisle will get Manure at home. It’s always been that way.
Expect today to be a disappointment, just over 3K to watch us fumble our way to a 0-1 defeat.

1 Like

Remind me to make sure I miss your invite to my next party!! :man_facepalming::crazy_face:

1 Like

I’m not able to attend, so a nailed on win! 4-1 to the Saddlers with at least one from White, probably off his backside this week!

1 Like

Wow more goals than available trains.

Wilkinson on the bench! Great news!

1 Like

Who’s this Barrett fella?

Very clever from Flynn. I doubt very much if he’ll have any intention of using him but almost a guarantee crowd raiser and morale boost every time he warms up.

I’m not at this one as I have the dreaded lurgie so come on the lads, give us all something to cheer us and hopefully I’ll be fit for the third round

Youth team goalie . Looks young

1 Like