W 3-1 vs Oldham Athletic (A) - League Two - Tue 19th Oct, 7:45pm

Here’s one for @AndyWTaylor…we are on ifollow later so can I watch the game live on my TV it’s a Hisense Roku I haven’t really looked into much on the TV as I only bought it last weekend so can I search the internet on the tv and buy the pass and watch it like I would in a pad?? But it will be on the big screen? I have no clue how these things work so excuse me if I sound thick

I don’t know anything about Hisense Roku really but guessing (from the name and because it’s new) that it’s a Smart TV designed for streaming. My mom and dad now have a Amazon Fire TV that is basically a Smart TV with the Firestick functionality built in; they can use it to stream iFollow games. I would think a Roku TV is basically along the same lines (but leaning more towards Roku’s raft of compatible apps and stuff than Amazon’s) and therefore also able to stream iFollow.

I’m also resuming that you have already set it all up and connected it to your home network (WiFi or cabled)?

I’d check it first - open up the built-in web browser (or additional compatible app you can download to it) and go to the Walsall OS, click on iFollow (login with your usual credentials) and try playing one of the archived videos in full screen mode.

If that all works, it’s looking good but you won’t know for sure if it will handle a live stream until game time.

If tonight it doesn’t play straight off - first check if it’s in mobile or desktop mode (depends on your browser). It may need to be in desktop mode if they have put the block back in that they had prior to last season (they were trying to force mobile users, which includes most Smart TV’s with browser functionality, to use the standalone iFollow app rather than access via a browser, but appeared to have lifted the restriction last season when we couldn’t go to games, Not had to use it this season to see what the crack is now - but the workaround is to appear to be a desktop instead of a mobile device).

If the problem is buffering, try knocking down the video quality from auto/720 to a lower setting (the picture may be less smooth but still watchable).

As a last resort, there will probably be a facility to allow screen share from your tablet/iPad/mobile. Got the extra complication of it having to go over Bluetooth which can affect also quality, but again hopefully not too much to make it unwatchable.

2 Likes

Sim Mayo ~ there is a name from my past. I lived in Pelsall from the age of 13.

I also recall the night at Anfield ~ brilliant. Stopping at a pub in Norris Green on the way back. Full of Liverpool supporters ~ scary ~ no way. They bought us drinks and said what a great performance

Fond Memories

Is it on ifollow?

Just seen the club have annouced it is at 3pm, shocking again.

Why not advertise this like there’s no tomo?

This club really does work backwards sometimes

yes, it is.

Probably just a reminder. All mid- weekers are on i follow I think?

1 Like

Correct - just Saturday 3pm games that usually aren’t (and even those are on international weekends).

Well is sounds a lot better than the black eye that I got :joy: :wink:

Legend mate thanks for that I have already created the roku account and it’s all hooked up to the WiFi it’s a new style tv so as you are thinking I’m also thinking that searching through its in TV browser so to speak that it’ll be the same as doing it on a tablet etc I’ll let you know later :+1:t2:Once again nice one for responding

1 Like

Landed at Birmingham 3-45 , just leaving Walsall now driving to Oldham , think I’ve gone mad!!

12 Likes

Any news on team?

Just got here. Grim up north as they say. Pleased with wilko for Kiernan.

Wilkinson and Shade in-Phillips and Kiernan on bench with the new signing on the bench. Ash Taylor there as well.

Bench starting to look stronger , more options at last

4 Likes

Good line up on paper 1-3 Walsall

Bates drops out completely!

Line up looks very attractive

Looking forward to seeing what Khan can bring - he is a very classy player.

Really hoping we can show some attacking intent and grab a couple of goals. Oldham don’t have a great defence but I’m still not confident we can keep clean sheets at the moment. I think we will get there in defence but we need more goals now, especially against teams not in good form overall.

1 Like

Just a good game, just a good game. It will show where we are, or how far we are from targets set by the gaffer.

1 Like

Tuesday night?

Cold?

Wet?

Windy?

Must be Oldham away then.

3 Likes