Walsall Football Club - So Many Issues

Have you calibrated your stopwatch correctly as someone could be along to check the veracity of that claim :smiley:

2 Likes

No but I reckon I could get the fellas in my round that were gasping to corroborate it.

1 Like

If anyone missed out on a programme on Saturday, there are some available now.

agree the quailty of the beer sturday was shocking, i had a larger that tasted awful and then tried a worthington that was even worst, i also had to queue 20 minitues for the privileged

1 Like

I’d make them get their own next time.

13 Likes

Not sure if this has been mentioned upthread but maybe reverting back to only allowing middle/upper ticket holders in the Stadium Suite before games might help?

Wasn’t the ‘entrance for all’ in the Stadium Suite originally meant to be temporary solution while the Bescot Bar was being renovated to become the Community Hub and now that’s fully open why can’t it revert back?

Admittedly that might just shift some of the problem downstairs though.

2 Likes

I have a season ticket for downstairs but decided to pop upstairs for a pint before the game at around ten past 2…
I soon turned around and walked out again as the queue was horrendous, much quicker getting served downstairs :slight_smile:
What happened to the pop up bars they would have made life so much easier

1 Like

Yes, agreed we go to some sh*tholes in L2, but they are once a season which many will put up with.

When these (many avoidable) issues keep happening when you go 23 times a season, people will just stop bother to even look/queue/buy.

3 Likes

If I wanted a pie at 2.30pm, I wouldn’t wait til 4pm to get one just because it was cheaper.

1 Like

You obviously didnt go to the Jeff Bonser University of Economics…a penny saved is a penny earned

hang your head in shame !!

2 Likes

All these fans must be divorced from financial reality!! :crazy_face:

I understand there have been real issues getting staff for all of the bars. I don’t think the Commonwealth Games being on the doorstep have helped matters but pop up bars require staff to run them and some limited training.

Supply and demand- if you want to entice employees when there’s a limited pool, pay them extra. Simple. They’ll earn their money and turnover and profit will increase accordingly.
Also as an aside, I bet the independent pop up bars never run out of stock.

1 Like

Gave up trying to get food and drink at half time downstairs as did about another dozen people round me.

We arived at the stadium about 2.30 went straight to the undercroft and despite the longish que we still managed to get a drink within 5 mins and after the game went for a drink in community hub and despite the long queue i waited 5 mins for the rush to die down and got served straight away.

Half time i went outside for a vape with my kids spent 10 mins down there kids wanted food so stopped at the kiosk on way back and despite the long queue we were still at out seats just as we were kicking off for the second half.

So it wasnt all bad especially for me :grin:

1 Like

Dont know if its been mentioned but this is a nice touch by the club.

5 Likes

Good for you. Many would!

We went to get a hot dog half time in the upper didnt bother cues was massive.nit sure why cannot open the other kiosk

2 Likes

good point of which i agree with,on saturday i’m a ticket holder in the lower and normally have a drink in the lower bar but on saturday i was with 2 mates who support other teams but they decided to come and watch walsall ,they had tickets for the upper so we went into the upstairs bar with them , thery were impressed with the football and will be coming again but less than impressed with the quality of the beer and the service

No they won’t , they’ll still be queueing at the next home game