Walsall sign FGR striker Matty Stevens

We’ve swapped a proven goalscorer to 1. (Matt) who FGR fans loved but said on their forum his legs have gone and he has hardly played this season in their team 2. One who is coming back from an ACL injury. FGR are at the bottom of league 1, any coincidence?

2 Likes

Jamille Matt hasn’t had a serious injury :+1:t2:

1 Like

That’s knocked a hole in DJ’s value, we are not desperate for a striker but we will take him off your hands for a reasonable price.

Nope. Matt hasn’t had a fair spell on the sidelines since about 2017. Stevens has but “injuries” is incorrect.

Nope. Neither have been released. Matt was signed for an undisclosed fee. Stevens still under contract on loan.

4 Likes

My error then. Well he certainly looks miles of match fitness and most people I was standing around tended to think the same

1 Like

The same way Mansfield let DJ out on loan, possibly?

Who is this goalscorer we have swopped? DJ wasn’t our player and you cannot blame the club for that.

1 Like

I’m happy with signings, with this too. Many good games, without suspensions or injuries.

Okay replaced because we wouldn’t pay the asking price. Just hope it doesn’t back fire on us.

Whatever… Both are good players but both lack game time and match fitness. Let’s hope they can get up to speed

3 Likes

Always the response when shown the facts :joy:

1 Like

And we hope to see Danny back in the summer.

That’s the big gamble we have taken can they get up to speed !!!
Best forward line in the league wilko, Matt and stevens if all were fit .

1 Like

Tasty TV semen

Out

Bennett
Cashman
Johnson
Kiernan

In

Matt
Stevens
Song’o
Willmott
Low
Smith
Perry - loan return

How anyone can complain about that baffles me. I’ll say this though, there clearly is one name I think we will miss. Liam Bennett was outstanding :wink:

8 Likes

Who gets left out then as only 5 in match day squad

Can’t understand why your baffled.
DJ and Bennett above any of the below.
Quality not quantity!

Walsall wanted DJ, seems like DJ wanted Walsall and the club tried but Mansfield wouldn’t budge.

To get in a player like Stevens at such a late stage is pretty good all things considered. Yes he has had a bad injury but when you are left with limited options, Walsall of the past would have been signing a young kid on loan at the last minute. You can’t always get what you want but this is a step up from our usual business I would say.

13 Likes

The point that some of those players lack game time and match fitness is lost on him. He dosnt understand the point we are making