We have to sign Miller …

I don’t believe for one minute they think he’s the answer, but if I was taking over and had an inform striker scoring goals… I’d certainly take a look.

I would be very surprised if we hadn’t already had a word or 2 in his shell-like.
They will certainly not publicise it if we have.

2 Likes

Hope your right mate I’d be a bit happier if their strikers were scoring goals but their new manager might try and get the best he can out of what’s already at Barnsley first before calling anyone back fingers crossed :crossed_fingers:t2:

1 Like

Great post whats annoying me a bit is the stupid posts on places like social media comparing Miller to the likes of Bradshaw Lightbourne and Kelly i like the lad and he looks to be the best we have had for a few years but he is a country mile away from those players at this point in his career they did it at a higher level for a start hopefully he carries on the good form and we sign him then maybe one day he deserves to be mentioned in that company but thats a very long way away at the moment.Like i said i like him but he is still very raw even Taylor said he should have more goals and i agree.

2 Likes

You can’t compare him to those players, he would have to score 20 a season at a level above to be mentioned in the same breath. Lightbourne for example was scoring 25 a season.

To me it is about the club showing they are serious. There was a lot of talk on here about Andy Cook and the goals he scores. He wouldn’t have fit into the way we play now though. Miller is a perfect fit, he occupies two center backs, runs his legs off all game as well as scoring the goals. You wouldn’t have got that out of Cook, would have had to change the way we played completely. We have found a player that is a good fit and better than what we have had for a while. There is a possibility we can get him full time and we should be going for it. If he goes back to Barnsley or a league one club signs him then can’t really argue but at least make the move with serious intentions not some token gesture of an offer.

8 Likes

I am sure that the club know that we would all love to see Miller signed on a permanent deal. May be its a question to push and emphasise at next week’s fans forum?

2 Likes

Ask that and the answer will be “There’s a lot goes on behind the scenes and we can’t talk about it. Next question please. “

2 Likes

The question is do either of the loan deals have an option to buy clause?

They are officially disclosed as undisclosed. Fin

1 Like

I would be very disappointed if we are not already in talks!!

I reckon we’re more likely in talks to beg for him to stay the rest of the season rather than sign him permanently to be honest.

Well that wont happen because Barnsley will want to maximise what they can get for him, especially with him being out of contract in the summer. I just hope we have something in the loan agreement that gives us the option to buy him in January, with a pre-agreed fee.

Wouldn’t hold your breath on that, but I also wouldn’t rule out them signing him on for next season and wanting him to keep developing here.

Hope he is just having a bad spell cus he is starting to look every part the average league 2 Gordon absolute striker. Come on miller get it rolling again!

1 Like

Send him back he’s been shite for weeks sick of people making excuses for him now.

Problem is who will we get better? We’ve had very little luck with strikers for years. Adebayo and Bradshaw were both punts and hit them we’ve had gaffney Gordon lavery etc . Either really good or crap.
We don’t sign proven players especially strikers so it’s always a risk probs get a yaw instead

1 Like

I definitely wouldn’t be sending Miller back, we need to add to the squad. Sure it isn’t working for Miller right now but what other options do we have ? No one sells their best players in January so the best we are going to do is loan signings. Having one striker at the club who isn’t even ours simply isn’t good enough for a club that was meant to be “giving it a right go”

11 Likes

What’s he supposed to do? He spends all game chasing lost causes. He’s played every single minute of every single game since he joined because we’ve got f*** all else. He’s missed a few chances but he’s probably knackered before he gets them!

Their not excuses, their an indictment of our recruitment.

12 Likes

Fully agree.

He’s have also scored the chance that Phillips hit straight at the keeper.

Miller is a good player and battles hard, he’s having to try and make his own chances all of the time which is shit.

1 Like

Miller isn’t the problem, the problem is he needs a target man to play off, a tall player who puts himself about and miller will be the 20 goal a season bloke we’re all looking for.

2 Likes