We have to sign Miller …

The amount of times he turns a lost cause into a corner or a throw in is ridiculous. Not his fault we do sod all with them.

3 Likes

Some fair points still say he misses too many chances though for me.

That’s why he is playing up front at Walsall in league 2 :see_no_evil:

Ain’t gonna argue I don’t rate him as highly as some seem to that’s just my opinion

Totally unfair criticism!!

It’s a team game and he works his socks off every game, brainless thread.

1 Like

Needs to be more clinical but spends most games on a hiding to nothing. We’d be a much weaker side without him.

6 Likes

So did Josh Gordon it didn’t make him immune from criticism

Josh Gordon had strike partnerships and didn’t play every single game.

No one sells their best players in January. I know a club that does.

3 Likes

Fair point, that never even crossed my mind but very true.

1 Like

I agree it doesn’t help he’s our only option really

1 Like

Gordon was shite for Walsall, Miller isn’t even a Walsall player and works harder than most.

Oh for a Lightbourne and Wilson duo that fired us out of this division 25 years ago .

9 Likes

Exactly this lot couldn’t lace the boots of some strikers we’ve had in the past

I loved watching Lightbourne and Wilson, but it isn’t that simple, they had Charlie and MOC supplying them from midfield, and Scotty and Marshy on the flanks. The full-backs were better too, and the centre-backs. Put Kyle and Kev in this team and they wouldn’t score as many goals, send Miller and Phillips back in time and they would score more in that team than this one. It’s the team that isn’t good enough at attacking, not just a couple of players.

3 Likes

Could we get the boy from Villa on loan in January, that they signed from Northampton? Chukwuemeka, or something like that…

I think we all loved the Kev and Killer combo upfront but having a player with the class of Martin O’Connor in the 4th division was ridiculous. It was like having an extra man in midfield because he just did everything so well. I doubt there is a player in the current league 2 anywhere near as good as O’Connor was and possibly not in league 1 either.

4 Likes

It seems obvious to me that Miller is the type of striker that would relish playing alongside a big target man. Playing on the last man, and his game being about getting on crosses, flick ons, etc., rather than building up play, and being a focal point.

11 Likes

All true but aint gonna happen while Taylor continues to play with 1 up front though.

Miller would be mad to sign for us full time given the way we use him and the lack of service he gets. For that matter so would any other would-be striker that we might be in the market for.