We have to sign Miller …

Cook and Miller would be a top 7 combo you’d think.

He’s lost form in recent weeks but should still hit 15 this season which is decent for any mid table team.

I agree just lumping the ball up to him isn’t working. Could see that months back at Newport where he could barely get into the game against Clarke and whichever other man mountain CB they had so needs more ball to feet and passes to find him through on goal.

1 Like

Yep. That relies on your number 10 having some footballing intelligence to do those sorts of movements, and passes.

The one man who can do that is injured, and will take a while before he (fingers crossed) gets to anything like the level he was before. I also believe Khan can do that role.

I will be really disappointed Tuesday if Osadebe plays. I want to see Khan or Earring there.

7 Likes

Khan is the man for that position for me though Earing could do the job better than the current occupant.

Don’t worry the Oss scored so that’s 5 more game credits he’s earned.

I think I’d like to see Wilkinson in the 10 role. He seems a bit lost on the right wing, but whenever he’s around the penalty box he always looks dangerous.

Given how ineffective Osadebe has been in general play in recent weeks we’d even be better off replacing him with Kinsella, as at least there would be more of a chance of us winning the ball back higher up the pitch.

3 Likes

Completely agree with playing Wilkinson in the 10 role. That would free up the right wing position for Kahn who looks far more at home on that side of the pitch than he does on the left.

Was it Exeter away last year when Kins did exactly this and played really well? DC never played him there again.

1 Like

We are more likely to sign Chuckthetowelin :joy: :wink:

2 Likes

Isn’t that In Wales

3 Likes

MOC was fantastic for us.
When we got promoted Divsion 3 or whatever it was called then had some excellent midfielders in the mid to late 90s, it was a very high standard. As well as our own MOC, there was Marsdon and Bennett at Stockport, Brammer at Wrexham, Lennon, Whalley and Murphy at Crewe, Oldfield at Luton, Evans at Shrewsbury, Eyres at Burnley, Rankine at PNE and Gregan joined him at some point. There are probably several I’ve forgotten but I really enjoyed watching our games back then.

6 Likes

He is in Villa’s first team squad .

Would people still sign him up permanently?
Personally I would but I wouldnt pay for him now have to be a free and I would want someone else up top Aswell

1 Like

I would but like you I wouldn’t pay a fee

1 Like

I would sign him 100% even though he is not scoring at the moment he works so hard and causes defenders so many problems. I reckon he will be one of those players who is scoring rate is inconsistent but I still reckon he will hit mid teens if he stays with us this season

3 Likes

To be honest, and it’s a complete guess, just my feeling looking at Barnsley, he’s only got one more game left to play for us. Even if they bring him back to sell him.

What makes u think that they are going to want him back. To play in the championship I don’t think so tbh.

Selling him and this:

I don’t think he’s a Championship forward at the moment either but if I was their relatively new manager of a team that’s struggling for goals, I’d want to see all of the players I potentially had available to me. Even if only to see him close up in training for a couple of weeks to see if he was any better/different to what is already there.

They have only scored 15 in 23 league games and for a bit of context that makes us look goal crazy in comparison with our 25 in 21 league games!

He can’t play for another English club this season is my understanding (can’t play for more than two teams in one season) so can’t sell him in January unless a club is willing not to play him till next season

1 Like

Have to agree with Stig though, if your struggling for goals you’d be mad not to get him involved. Even if it’s just an option every few games.